Liberty cables?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonDG, Apr 16, 2002.

1. JasonDG

JasonDG Extra

I just bought a set of Liberty Z300CV2 component video cables on ebay for $25.

I was going to spend $30-40 on this cable at the store anyway, so that would have only bought el cheapos. I figure they're probably better than el cheapo, they actually look pretty good.

Since I alerady bought it, I should probably not bring this up, but does anyone here have an opinion about Liberty cable? Has anyone heard of it?

2. Bob Br

Bob Br Agent

JasonDG,
    I bought Liberty S-video, composite audio/video and 12 gauge in-wall speaker wire recently. Most of these were THX certified FWIW. I have been very happy so far, but I haven't done any A/B tests since I've just started building my HT setup. I had learned about Liberty from Lucasfilm's THX website and ordered from onecall.com.
    Just thought you might like to know you're not the only one out there.[​IMG]
    Bob

3. JasonDG

JasonDG Extra

Thanks Bob, I was sarting to think that I was. I did notice the THX cert. That has to mean something right?

I am definitely going to try an A/B test, but it will only be for my benefit to see the improvement of component over composite.

Thanks for responding.

4. Al_M

Al_M Stunt Coordinator

I have a Liberty Subwoofer cable (25 ft. long). Sounds great, for $35.00. I also got it from onecall.com when I bought my Velodyne sub. Definitely beats the $150.00+ Monster alternative IMO.