Liberty cable?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonDG, Apr 16, 2002.

1. JasonDG

JasonDG Extra

I just bought a set of Liberty Z300CV2 component video cables on ebay for $25.

I was going to spend $30-40 on this cable at the store anyway, so that would have only bought el cheapos. I figure they're probably better than el cheapo, they actually look pretty good.

Since I alerady bought it, I should probably not bring this up, but does anyone here have an opinion about Liberty cable? Has anyone heard of it?

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

I'm afraid I have never heard of this brand.

Keep in mind that some companies dont actually make the coax. They buy the cable & connectors in bulk and wire/package the cables with their own name.

A "better" choice in my opinion would be to have searched on eBay for "Canare". This will show you a bunch of auctions where people buy Canare/Belden parts and sell custom cables. (Canare & Belden are 2 brands that are very popular in the Broadcast & Production Studio industry. So you would be buying the same stuff used to master your CD/DVD's).

May I ask:

- How big is your display?

- How long is your cable run?

- Are you pushing Progressive or HD signal, or ordinary component video?

3. JasonDG

JasonDG Extra

This is a legitimate company http://www.libertycable.com/
    The cable is THX certified. I'm not sure what that means in reality, but it should be good for something.
    I just acquired a 50" Mitsubishi HDTV ready. This is for a regular component video connection. The cables are 2 meters.
    I looked a bit for the canare stuff, but it all seems a bit out of my price range. I don't think I'm the type to really notice the difference between $50 cables and $200 cables, but I didn't want to go with the cheapo stuff.

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

5. JasonDG

JasonDG Extra

I'm glad to hear some outside approval of these cables. I was trying to get some Monster Vid 3 component cables on ebay, but those auctions were going up to $65 or so. I just didn't want to pay that. So I took a chance on these.

Since I have no other set for comparison I won't be able to give much useful feedback on their quality, but I'll try.

Thanks

6. Mike Breeden

Mike Breeden Agent

Jason

I have all liberty cables in my system. I even have their 12gauge speaker cables. Onecall sells the cable pretty cheap as well. I love them. They made an improvement over my AR's that I had.

Just my 2 cents

Mike