1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Liberty cable?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonDG, Apr 16, 2002.

1. JasonDG

JasonDG Extra

I just bought a set of Liberty Z300CV2 component video cables on ebay for $25.

I was going to spend $30-40 on this cable at the store anyway, so that would have only bought el cheapos. I figure they're probably better than el cheapo, they actually look pretty good.

Since I alerady bought it, I should probably not bring this up, but does anyone here have an opinion about Liberty cable? Has anyone heard of it?

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

I'm afraid I have never heard of this brand.

Keep in mind that some companies dont actually make the coax. They buy the cable & connectors in bulk and wire/package the cables with their own name.

A "better" choice in my opinion would be to have searched on eBay for "Canare". This will show you a bunch of auctions where people buy Canare/Belden parts and sell custom cables. (Canare & Belden are 2 brands that are very popular in the Broadcast & Production Studio industry. So you would be buying the same stuff used to master your CD/DVD's).

May I ask:

- How big is your display?

- How long is your cable run?

- Are you pushing Progressive or HD signal, or ordinary component video?

3. JasonDG

JasonDG Extra

This is a legitimate company http://www.libertycable.com/
    The cable is THX certified. I'm not sure what that means in reality, but it should be good for something.
    I just acquired a 50" Mitsubishi HDTV ready. This is for a regular component video connection. The cables are 2 meters.
    I looked a bit for the canare stuff, but it all seems a bit out of my price range. I don't think I'm the type to really notice the difference between $50 cables and $200 cables, but I didn't want to go with the cheapo stuff.

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

5. JasonDG

JasonDG Extra

I'm glad to hear some outside approval of these cables. I was trying to get some Monster Vid 3 component cables on ebay, but those auctions were going up to $65 or so. I just didn't want to pay that. So I took a chance on these.

Since I have no other set for comparison I won't be able to give much useful feedback on their quality, but I'll try.

Thanks

6. Mike Breeden

Mike Breeden Agent

Jason

I have all liberty cables in my system. I even have their 12gauge speaker cables. Onecall sells the cable pretty cheap as well. I love them. They made an improvement over my AR's that I had.

Just my 2 cents

Mike