What's new

LG's 2017 C7, E7, G7 and W7 reviews and owners thread (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Just got notification that our second allocation of W7s will arrive in our showroom this Thursday, 3/9! We had to drop ship the first allotment directly to our clients so this is the first shipment we will have for our local orders, store stock and a demo in our retail showroom.

So from the ones we drop shipped and our local deliveries this week we should see some owners chime in with discussion. I'm also taking one home.

I'll bring in our calibrator this weekend to give it a tune-up and we'll begin our evaluation and comparison against the 2016 OLEDs and Sony's X940E and Z9D. Our Samsung Q9 and Sony A1E OLED will be in next month.

Hope to see HTF members stop by to see this beauty in person!

Reactions: PMF

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Our second allocation of W7s are in the house! We were able to get enough W7s in this larger allotment so our store demo will be wall mounted today.
tn_1200_26a3e674bdd0082f5355b79cb1e06538.jpg.png

tn_1200_adb09e3ce02c2a7c385b06c6cb8f1b3d.jpg.png

More pic to come as we unpack and wall mount our showroom demo unit.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sorry, no. The speaker system houses all of the audio and TV electronics and connections. But all is good as LG has the G7, E7 and C7 all with different forms and audio choices.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sorry to break a reliable rumor here, but a few moments ago I was informed that LG is most likely to raise the 55" and 65" C7 and E7 prices by $500 each at retail and the dealer costs is also proportionally going up.

The reasons are constrained supply and higher than expected demand.

Not an issue for those who have open orders with me or if we are q/c'ing and calibrating your C7, but after 6pm EST today, 3/16/17 the prices will go up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Sorry to break a reliable rumor here, but a few moments ago I was informed that LG is most likely to raise the 55" and 65" C7 and E7 prices by $500 each at retail and the dealer costs is also proportionally going up.

The reasons are constrained supply and higher than expected demand.

Not an issue for those who have open orders with me or if we are q/c'ing and calibrating your C7, but after 6pm EST today, 3/16/17 the prices will go up.
Nothing like the free market.:rolleyes:

Nils

Auditioning
Real Name
Nils
Dolby Atmos question... is the E7 actually capable of decoding an Atmos bitstream from a UHD Blu-ray to play through the integrated soundbar? I tried turning bitstream passthrough on on my XBOX One S, error that it is not supported on my receiver (ie. the OLED). Dolby Atmos is turned on on OLED. When playing a UHD Blu with Atmos, it plays back as Dolby TrueHD though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexisMori
Recent bookmarks