What's new

LG OLED vs. LG LED in Slightly "Older" Models (1 Viewer)

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, I know there price is larger, but having owned both, there is no way Id buy the 9500 over the E6.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Dude. If you can, Spring for the E6. It's worth the extra dough and you won't regret it. TBH I purchased it primarily for 3D and it is tremendous in that regard. The 4K is nice too. ;)

I'm sure it's great, but I have a really hard time believing I'd like it so much more than the 9500 that it's worth an extra $1200.

That's a huge difference - I just don't think I can justify it...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I know there price is larger, but having owned both, there is no way Id buy the 9500 over the E6.

As I mentioned earlier, maybe I'm better off just waiting to see if prices on the 2016s plummet at some point. The 9500 has dropped radically from its not-that-long ago price, so perhaps the 2016s would fall a lot, too, as retailers try to get rid of them.

I could maybe convince myself to "splurge" for the C6 at a higher price than the 9500, but that extra $500 or so for the E6 is a bridge too far!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As I mentioned earlier, maybe I'm better off just waiting to see if prices on the 2016s plummet at some point. The 9500 has dropped radically from its not-that-long ago price, so perhaps the 2016s would fall a lot, too, as retailers try to get rid of them.

I could maybe convince myself to "splurge" for the C6 at a higher price than the 9500, but that extra $500 or so for the E6 is a bridge too far!
If you can spring for the C6 then I think you'll won't regret your decision. What is the sales tax percentage in your area? Give Robert Zohn a call to find out more about the difference in the displays and pricing.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
If you can spring for the C6 then I think you'll won't regret your decision. What is the sales tax percentage in your area? Give Robert Zohn a call to find out more about the difference in the displays and pricing.

I guess I'm leery of the curved screen - it seems like it comes with its own complications. Am I mistaken?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm using the EG9600 that has a curved screen. I thought it would be annoying; however, frankly, I don't notice any particular issues with the curve. It faded from consciousness pretty quick as far as I was concerned. Of course, I'm the only one watching it. For all I know there could be issues with off axis viewing; although, my sisters sat and watched it and they didn't bring up any complaints about it. YMMV though.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'm using the EG9600 that has a curved screen. I thought it would be annoying; however, frankly, I don't notice any particular issues with the curve. It faded from consciousness pretty quick as far as I was concerned. Of course, I'm the only one watching it. For all I know there could be issues with off axis viewing; although, my sisters sat and watched it and they didn't bring up any complaints about it. YMMV though.

Send over your sisters and I'll get their opinion! :D

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
And to be honest, the C6 curve is not near as bad as you think it is, very slight.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
And to be honest, the C6 curve is not near as bad as you think it is, very slight.

Hey, you don't know how bad I think the curve is - you can't read my mind!!! ;)

I've just heard some not-so-positive things about curved sets and all else being equal, I'd prefer flat...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks