What's new

LG OLED 65E6p issue? (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The thing that bothers me most is that this was the LAST great 3D set.

I’m screwed if they can’t fix it.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So the tech spoke to LG and now they’re going to replace the wireless adapter and the ir blaster.

????

For F*CKS sake!!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
17-best-images-about-infertility-on-pinterest-so-true-dont-68563.jpg

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan

I disagree.

That one has active glasses. The LG's have the passive glasses. No buttons. No batteries. No flickering. Less crosstalk. And unlike passive systems on 1080p TV's, you can see the full 1080p resolution when watching 3-D on the 4k panel, along with perfect blacks.

Here's a testimonial from a customer who bought both sets and kept the LG E6.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...general/2732209-e6-oled-sony-z9d-back-e6.html

I feel for Tino. My first E6 had a major problem within the first month. Thankfully, the problem occurred within the first year of my warranty, so I was able to call LG to replace the panel. That was in March of last year. They still had replacement panels for the E6 at the time.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
So the tech is coming back? All hope isn't lost yet?

Did you even broach the subject of what happens if it can't be fixed? Not that I think that's the domain of the repair tech, who may not even be an LG employee, but they may have some knowledge of the process/outcomes.

G6s are still available. Unless they shipped them all up to Canada... [The G6 price now is half what it was when I first put the G6 on my wishlist, but still double what a B/C7 goes for, here.]

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So the tech is coming back? All hope isn't lost yet?

Did you even broach the subject of what happens if it can't be fixed? Not that I think that's the domain of the repair tech, who may not even be an LG employee, but they may have some knowledge of the process/outcomes.

G6s are still available. Unless they shipped them all up to Canada... [The G6 price now is half what it was when I first put the G6 on my wishlist, but still double what a B/C7 goes for, here.]
It’s the E6 I have. I’m hoping that LG has a limited stockpile left for circumstances like these.

I guess if they can’t fix it I would get a refund or a new comparable set (without 3D obviously!). I will give LG hell, you can bet on it. :excl::angry:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi Neil

I have the Samsung 4K player. The first one. Forgot the model number sorry. K6800 or something like that.

K8500. Not a bad player. It just has one of the worst designed remotes I have ever seen.. Complete garbage.

LG customer service must be better in the States. I'm surprised they didn't try to void the warranty by saying you abused the set by actually using it. /s

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't hold my breath for LG to have a stockpile of 3D sets if yours needs to be replaced. In the event replacement is required you will probably end up with a 2017 or 18 model like I did, unless they still have some G6s and are willing to replace yours with one of those.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I should add that I hope they can fix yours. I'm back to using an old Samsung D550 plasma for watching my 3D flicks. Every time I watch one it just reminds me of how much I miss the 3D that my LG OLED had.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
It’s the E6 I have. I’m hoping that LG has a limited stockpile left for circumstances like these.

I guess if they can’t fix it I would get a refund or a new comparable set (without 3D obviously!). I will give LG hell, you can bet on it. :excl::angry:
Yes, I know, but it ties into what I mentioned that maybe an "arrangement" can be made i.e. a G6 (+ some cash, probably) if E6s aren't available for warranty replacement. I've read of some manufacturers keeping warranty replacement devices available for years after one would think any possible warranty has expired...no idea what LG does. And since E6s were being sold until fairly recently, many are still under the manufacturer's warranty and it wouldn't be unreasonable to think they may have some E6s set aside for just this purpose. In the U.S. that is. [Aren't there laws about this sort of thing in the U.S. ?? Sure aren't in Canada...]

But if they've replaced the PS and the motherboard, and if they replace the other circuitry you mentioned, and then it still doesn't work right...what's left? The panel itself I assume, if that's causing the shutdown, well the panel can't be fixed and that's the end of it...unless they can actually replace the "glass assembly". And then you really will have a completely new display, pretty much the same as getting a whole new set.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My suggestion for warranty/defective equipment issues is to find out who the president or CEO of the company is, or at least, of the American branch, and to send that person an old fashioned snail mail directly. Every major company has a "secret" level of customer service that's empowered to do more than regular warranty service. So if you're not getting a satisfactory answer from the tech, or if the warranty person you spoke to on the phone can only offer you a 2D replacement, I'd highly recommend writing directly to the head of the company. Be firm but polite, but explain that you bought that TV specifically because of its 3D functionality, and a replacement that doesn't do 3D isn't satisfactory to you, and that you wouldn't have spent thousands of dollars on the TV in the first place were it not for the 3D.

When the president's executive secretary gets that letter, it'll get passed to someone in Top Secret Customer Service, and they'll be more able to move mountains to find a solution.

I do wish LG worked more like Apple in this regard (or at least Apple circa ten years ago, I don't know if they still do this). Back then, when Apple would discontinue a product or upgrade it, they would still produce a small, limited run of that product specifically for warranty issues. So if you had a year old iPod that stopped working, you wouldn't get a replacement with the newer model iPod, you'd get a brand new version of the same model you had.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I guess I have been lucky as my 2010 Sony KDL55NX810 is still running fine. I don't watch 3D on it anymore as I have a Panasonic AE8000U projector for that. Love the 138 inch wide 3D image it produces!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Or the 3D I get on my fake 266" screen PSVR display, it's lasted 2 months! Oh well. Would still rather have the E6 (over PSVR I mean, not the PJ), worth going to some trouble and angst to keep one alive, if that's what it takes...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks