LG LCD's and Westinghouse LCD's.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by KevinFan, Sep 5, 2005.

1. KevinFan

KevinFan Auditioning

Hey everyone. N00b to the LCD tv stuff etc etc. I would like preferably a 20" LCD for my bedroom to put mount on the wall. I found a 17" westinghouse one for $299 + shipping.

As for a LCD in the living room, I found a 60" LG LCD HGTV that can be mounted on a wall at Circuit City for $2499. That price seemed pretty good to be but like I said, I am new to this stuff. How are LG and westinghouse tv's? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ronn.W

Ronn.W Second Unit

When the Westinghouse's first hit the market they got less than stellar reviews. Luckily, Westinghouse must have listened because the next models that came out were great.

I was in the market for a small LCD set last spring, and did a lot of research before narrowing it down to a few models. Before I bought I did in-store comparisons, and granted, that's not 100% scientific by any stretch of the imagination, but Westinghouse was hands down the winner for price and quality. It looked the same (if not a little better) than the Sharp Aquos's did.

If you haven't bought yet, do some price checking, I bought the 20.1" HDTV Westy for less than $350.