What's new

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
@esegan, I have not calibrated or performed anything more than viewing my engineering production HU80KA projector with a few test patterns and a lot of UHD/HDR content. So I don't have scientific answers to your questions. I'm waiting for our first mass production HU80KAs to arrive before I do a formal review.

I stand by my comments of the excellent overall picture performance. The long life laser light engine delivers 2,500 lumens, which is about 720Nits and with Panasonic's new UB820 UHD/HDR BD player you can dial in the best HDR10 HDR optimizer setting to match the HU80KAs peak luminance ability for an exceptional HDR experience.

At midnight tonight, I'll be announcing a Father's Day promotion that will kick-off the already successful soft launch of LG's HU80KA 4K HDR Laser projector.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Here's just one test pattern we put on my engineering production HU80KA where we're checking geometry and sharpness across the entire screen.

The Klein meter was set-up for other measurements we were testing. (Sorry I can't share any more at this time as I want to publish my detailed finding with a mass production HU80KA)

tn_480_fb483e00b285a6ac5ec2584228f05949.jpg.png

The countdown is on... 3.5 hrs till the Father's Day promotion announcement.

Reactions: PMF

emmgr23

Auditioning
Real Name
emmanuel gr
Hooo I’m very disappointing, I’m living in Europe and our ref model is Hu80kg (with no magic remote and web os 3.0) and hu80ksw
(Same as HU80KA but white) Should have been here by the 30th of June , and they again delayed to the 31th of July :_(

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
All of our customer's HU80KA orders shipped yesterday, (Friday) and they will be delivered this week. Many will arrive at our client's homes tomorrow!

To all of our HU80KA clients, when you go to sleep I wish you dreams of your favorite Hollywood movies and sports on ultra large 4K HDR screens!

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
We're getting lots of calls from our clients who received their HU80KAs all loving the projector!

A few of the clients told me other forums say they have not shipped from any other retailer yet and that LG has delayed the launch. That's not true and we're getting our 2nd allocation the end of this week or no later than the beginning of next week.

The formula is simple, manufacturers like forecasts and firm POs. If you forecast at least 3 months in advance and follow with a timely firm PO you are allocated.

esegan

Auditioning
Real Name
Сергей
Here's just one test pattern we put on my engineering production HU80KA where we're checking geometry and sharpness across the entire screen.
Judging from the fact that apart from the photo there is no any comment on the quality of uniformity of sharpness, I can assume that LG has an unsolved problem with unevenness of sharpness across the screen. Is the lens also plastic?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sharpness across the screen is very good on my HU80KA engineering production sample. The sharpness across the screen is not as good when you use the lens cover mirror.

I don't know if the lens is glass or plastic, but sharpness is very good when projecting directly onto the screen.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
To obtain the maximum image size, how far back from the screen does the projector have to be?

jborchel

Auditioning
Real Name
John Borchelt
Robert, you mentioned earlier that you have adjusted a Panasonic player to give you an excellent tone mapped picture for a HDR UHD BR disk. Like many enthusiasts I won't be viewing any of those until Netflix starts renting 4K. However, I am a constant viewer of 4K HDR and DV streamed material from Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu. It looks great on my flat panels. Do you have the ability to do a similar tuning to the LG for this streamed material? Would you post those when complete? I have owned the PF 1500 since it came out and have used Esegan's settings with great success. Having these calibrated settings would be a strong motivation for me to go with the new LG from you.

AKKS

Auditioning
Real Name
Nani
Robert- Please help me in making a decision here.

I have a Sony VPL-VW 665ES projector with 2000+ hours on it. Its time for TO replace the bulb which costs around $600+..
The only complaint i have on this projector is HDR image looks too dull (All NETFLIX, Prime HDR shows). My screen is Screen Innovations Cine grey 133 inch which got a gain of 1.3.
From your experience, Do you suggest going with LG HU80KA or stay with Sony and spend on the bulb?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks