What's new

LG HDMI input issue- No signal (1 Viewer)

cbaywolf

Grip
Real Name
Derick Wolf
i have my blu ray and HD cable box running through my A/V receiver into my TV (all using HDMI connections). One day after 2 weeks of working fine, the receiver stopped sending signal to the hdmi port on my TV (I then tested, and it wouldn't work on ANY of my 3 hdmi inputs on my TV (LG 55lm4600). I then tested my blu ray and my Verizon Fios cable box directly. My cable box would work, buy my Sony blu ray player would not- so I determined that there must be some sort of setting on the hdmi inputs on my LG tv- but I couldn't find it anywhere. I ultimately solved my issue by setting my TV back to factory default settings, but I still have no idea what changed. Is there an HDMI port configuration on a typical LG TV? Anyone know what setting would have caused this? :confused: Thanks for the help.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Did you have any power surges/outtages? HDMI "handshake"(HDCP, look it up) can be wonky which is why people are turning to UPS...which you can get one for $50.

cbaywolf

Grip
Real Name
Derick Wolf
wow, Sam, you are all over these forums... I don't think we had any power surges- It was rainy, but not stormy, and I didn't see any evidence of a surge, but who knows- I do have my TV connected to a Monster surge strip- but I don't think it was more than $30-35- so definitely not the best protection possible. The thing is that it was working Monday normally, then the next evening those 2 devices just stopped sending video to my LG TV (but it could tell that something was connected b/c it would always show up as a possible input and allow me to select it when powered on). Both my Receiver and my Blu ray would not work when connected to any of my 3 HDMI inputs on my TV- but they worked on my other LG TV just fine. Then after running out of things to check, i just reset the TV back to factory default settings thinking I had nothing to lose, and it worked- I'd just like to know which setting it reset. I did power off and unplug the TV and all the devices a few times- but nothing else worked. I was thinking there might be input settings to adjust somewhere (similar to full and half duplex settings on network ports), but I didn't see those options anywhere. It's possible that someone in my family changed a setting by accident, but I really have no idea what it was, and just don't want it to happen again.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
HDMI is a wonky/fickle b!$@h... Sometimes the only thing you can do is go back to square one. The AVR has a computer brain. Denon has a "re-set procedure" in the manual. Maybe it had a moment of ScareCrow...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks