What's new

LG C8: Receiver\Speakers Recommendation (1 Viewer)

Aldens

Auditioning
Real Name
Alexandre Denis
Hello,

I just recently bought a LG C8.
I never bought a receiver before so i need some help picking one and speakers with it.
I think 5.1 would be enough but would like the option to upgrade to 7.1 later.
I would like if it possible 2 tower speakers front. For the 1 in the middle and the 2 in the rear: Mount option.

I have a budget of 1500$ Canadian and i am from Quebec.
I mostly use my: Computer\Shield\PS4 Pro\Xbox One X.

Last edited:

Aldens

Auditioning
Real Name
Alexandre Denis
I found the receiver i want: Denon AVR-X1500H
Still need help for speakers please! :)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sorry for the lack of responses but this section doesn't get a tons of views. The edit function works, but it's time limited and only works for around 24 hrs after a specific post

Personally I love Denon and Marantz receivers. I used a Denon 5800 for over 15 years before it died a few months ago and replaced it with a Marantz 6012 (i think). The 2 companies tend to be siblings with tons of overlap so I don't think you can go wrong with them

I also tend to like Klipsch speakers and I actually think the Denon laid back and Klipsch brighter sound mesh pretty well. Speakers are just so subjective and some folks are just sensitive to the general Klipsch sound -- some love it and some really hate it. Speakers are also incredibly difficult to evaluate until you get them into the room there going to be in since dead or reflective surfaces either can help/hurt each other. I think you choices could make a killer reasonably priced setup and 10x better than the standard HTIB.

Whatever you do absolutely have the right to return/exchange them within a month if the combination just isn't to you liking once it's in
the native space. Since you're from Canada I would strongly suggest auditioning some of the great CA speakers -- always loved the Paradigm sound though I'm not 100% the company is still Canadian (I have essentially a 20yo set in my main listening areas and a set of Minitors I use in my computer room to listen to music in the daytime). I;ve also heard some great Axiom setups. I just think a 5 speaker setup with you price point might be a little tough, but never too early to plan ahead,

Aldens

Auditioning
Real Name
Alexandre Denis
Sorry for the lack of responses but this section doesn't get a tons of views. The edit function works, but it's time limited and only works for around 24 hrs after a specific post

Personally I love Denon and Marantz receivers. I used a Denon 5800 for over 15 years before it died a few months ago and replaced it with a Marantz 6012 (i think). The 2 companies tend to be siblings with tons of overlap so I don't think you can go wrong with them

I also tend to like Klipsch speakers and I actually think the Denon laid back and Klipsch brighter sound mesh pretty well. Speakers are just so subjective and some folks are just sensitive to the general Klipsch sound -- some love it and some really hate it. Speakers are also incredibly difficult to evaluate until you get them into the room there going to be in since dead or reflective surfaces either can help/hurt each other. I think you choices could make a killer reasonably priced setup and 10x better than the standard HTIB.

Whatever you do absolutely have the right to return/exchange them within a month if the combination just isn't to you liking once it's in
the native space. Since you're from Canada I would strongly suggest auditioning some of the great CA speakers -- always loved the Paradigm sound though I'm not 100% the company is still Canadian (I have essentially a 20yo set in my main listening areas and a set of Minitors I use in my computer room to listen to music in the daytime). I;ve also heard some great Axiom setups. I just think a 5 speaker setup with you price point might be a little tough, but never too early to plan ahead,

Thanks for the reply and yes i can see this forum is pretty quiet ;) i posted on other forums and got some help.
Found what receiver and sub woofer i wanted:
Receiver: Denon AVR-X3400H (599$)
Subwoofer: SVS PB-1000 (699$)

Speakers: Not sure yet but. had recommendation for NHT. Some says it cheaper in Canada than over the U.S.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the reply and yes i can see this forum is pretty quiet ;) i posted on other forums and got some help.

Speakers: Not sure yet but. had recommendation for NHT. Some says it cheaper in Canada than over the U.S.

The SVS is certainly a step up from the Klipsch. Otherwise my advice to consider looking at the Axiom or Paradigms I stand by if you can fit them into the budget. I do have a pair of the NHT small speakers which are very nice though I've not seen much from them in a few years.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Alexandre: Welcome to the forum!

FWIW, I've got both a Denon receiver (the X2000) and an SVS PB-1000. I really love 'em both.

One hint, often you can find some excellent deals at the SVS Outlet Center on used (open box) subs. And the price of a NEW PB-1000 in the US is only $499 (although I'm not sure where you are located).

full

Aldens

Auditioning
Real Name
Alexandre Denis
I'm from Quebec near Montreal.

Here so far what i found... feel free to give your opinion!

400$
Center: PSB Alpha C10 Center Channel Speaker - Walnut
https://www.amazon.ca/PSB-Alpha-C10-...r=8-4-fkmrnull

800$
Front: PSB Alpha T20 Tower Speaker - Walnut
https://www.amazon.ca/PSB-Alpha-T20-...8-1-fkmr0&th=1

300$
Rear: PSB Alpha P3 Compact Bookshelf Speaker - Walnut
https://www.amazon.ca/PSB-Alpha-P3-C...ull-spons&psc=

600$
Receiver: Denon AVR-X3400H
https://gibbyselectronicsupermarket....eiver-b-stock/

675$
Subwoofer: SVS PB-1000
https://www.amazon.ca/SVS-0850071005...oding=UTF8&me=
Total: 2700$

1. Should i get a pad for the Subwoofer. I don't want my neighbors to hate me.
Something like that: https://www.amazon.ca/Auralex-SubDud...79446074&psc=1

2. Anything else i should consider buying ? Accessories ?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If you have downstairs neighbors I would suggest some sort of device like that. You'll still be able to hear loud stuff, but that type device often prevents the vibration effect which can be maddening. If you are on good terms with your neighbors I'd suggest asking to listen/feel the sound levels once you get things set up. Depending on the construction even a small variation in placement can sometimes make a big difference. The decoupling pads can make a small difference or sometimes a huge difference.

Same sort of thing with wall placement -- interior walls if you have attached apartment on each side. Some apartment/condos even have shared ventilation systems which can be a sound amplication

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks