What's new

LG BD690 Question (1 Viewer)

oldac3

Grip
Real Name
Ben
I have just bought the LG BD690 Blu-Ray player (successor to the LGBD590). Unfortunately I didn't check what kind of audio outs it had. I have found that running digital coax out into my non-HDMI Denon AVR 4800 receiver doesn't sound nearly as good as the DD or DTS signal coming from my Denon DVD 2900.

Perhaps I shouldn't expect the LG to sound as good as the Denon, and I know newer DD and DTS formats coming from the blu-ray won't be processed by my old receiver, but I figured the LG would at least send a DD or DTS signal that sounds good. I have set the LG to, I think, "bitrate" signal and the receiver is detecting the signal as DD and DTS, it just doesn't sound very good. I have AB'd against a standard dvd on my Denon DVD player and there is no comparing. Any ideas?

By the way, the picture on the LG is FANTASTIC. Color saturation is amazing compared with standard def dvds upscaled to 720p on my Denon, which I used to think made DVD look pretty great.

oldac3

Grip
Real Name
Ben
Bump for any LG owners or whomever is smarter than me on interconnect issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks