What's new

LG announce 55-65-inch Ultra HD TVs with prices starting @ $6,999 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
LG announced today that 55" and 65" Ultra HD televisions, part of its LA9700 series, are being rolled out in the United States this week. Along with 4K resolution of 8.3 million pixels per frame, the sets boast 4.1-channel surround system and support for the company's Magic Remote, which lets you control the TV by speaking.

I wonder what 4.1 channel is and how do you do it from one centralized location?

The magic remote sounds like what the Kinect is doing in XBox one. I wonder which one will be better?

I am definitely still staying on the sidelines with those prices points and very little to none native 4K content...

Which one of you is stepping up?!

JaleelK

Second Unit
Kevin Collins said:
Samsung announced today that 55" and 65" Ultra HD televisions, part of its LA9700 series, are being rolled out in the United States this week. Along with 4K resolution of 8.3 million pixels per frame, the sets boast 4.1-channel surround system and support for the company's Magic Remote, which lets you control the TV by speaking.

I wonder what 4.1 channel is and how do you do it from one centralized location?

The magic remote sounds like what the Kinect is doing in XBox one. I wonder which one will be better?

I am definitely still staying on the sidelines with those prices points and very little to none native 4K content...

Which one of you is stepping up?!
Why not just advance OLED/4k and not LCD/LED 4K because some folks don't like LED's regardless of the resolution.

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
JaleelK said:
Why not just advance OLED/4k and not LCD/LED 4K because some folks don't like LED's regardless of the resolution.
They will after you bought the LCD model...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks