What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
LG will be bringing a 48-inch mid-size TV to the US market sometime after June (release date not specified), and which is billed as no-compromise second TV or a display primed for serious gaming.  The 4K Ultra HD OLED 48CX complements a lineup of 55-, 65-, 77- and 88-inch OLED models so far and promises to deliver deep blacks with a pixel-density comparable to a 96-inch 8K TV.
The monitor includes a number of gaming features with NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible tech for better graphics and immersion, with the TV’s refresh rate adapted to the frame rate of connected hardware. The TV includes low input lag and fast response time for reduced flicker and stutter.
LG-48-inch-OLED-TV_022-1024x536.jpg

HDR10 and Dolby Vision are included at up to 120 frames per second for 4K UHD content while taking advantage of HDMI advanced specs such as auto low latency mode (ALLM), enhanced audio return channel (eARC) and variable refresh...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Fantastic- this is the exact size I need to fit between 2 windows!
A 55 " would have slightly extended into the windows. I believe this is the first Oled in this size? I have been waiting 3 years for this!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I can't see OLED displays being used a monitor at this time, given the image retention issues inherent in the technology. Most people who use a computer have areas of the screen that are static for long periods of time.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I can't see OLED displays being used a monitor at this time, given the image retention issues inherent in the technology. Most people who use a computer have areas of the screen that are static for long periods of time.
Honestly this isn't as big of a problem as you think, I have many friends who use OLEDs as their PC monitor and have no problems. All you need to do is use a screensaver and be somewhat conscientious when using it.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yep it’s a bunch of FUD. I’ve got a 48” on the way for HDR PC monitor use and will be posting impressions in the real thread. I’m much more concerned with it being too big than I am with image retention

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Yep it’s a bunch of FUD. I’ve got a 48” on the way for HDR PC monitor use and will be posting impressions in the real thread. I’m much more concerned with it being too big than I am with image retention
Are they available to order now?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks