What's new

LG 65UH8500 service call, please help thank you! (1 Viewer)

Kfred

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Miller
I purchased this set while finishing the basement so I didn't fire her up until about 6 weeks after purchase. Mistake. I didn't buy the "geek" squad deal so I called LG directly. So far the tech has been incredible with scheduling, follow up, speaking with LG about the issue, etc. The set has vertical 'splotches'. Sadly it's VERY apparent on a solid color screen, and last nights baseball game you could see it the whole time. Despite the techs kindness and professionalism, my concern is (from my research) that it's not 'repairable'. For those who may know, will LG ultimately replace the set under warranty or will I have to 'live with it' so-to-speak. Is the panel replaceable? I guess I'm curious to LG as a whole, if they are good with customer service, etc. So many companies are not anymore...

Thanks for any help/comfort you can provide! ;)

Kevin

I've uploaded an Iphone photo of the white balance screen -- the left is the worst...

Attachments

• Panel.jpg
    Panel.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 62

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
What is it I'm looking for here? I see the bright spot from the flash, but it looks pretty normal overall to me.

Is this "issue" even noticeable when watching a movie/TV shows?

Kfred

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Miller
I agree the photo isn't the best example, however even in the photo there is vertical darkness... what about that? (respectfully---- I want to learn as much as anything) They're most certainly visible in all viewing except very busy moments of color and action... Please keep in mind that I'm not one of those OCD "return a dozen sets" until the picture is PERFECT kind of consumer. (I've read posts in the past about these folks) However this is far, far worse than demo sets at the store... or even my 5 year old LG 1080p where I see zero issues even after 4000 hours.

Kfred

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Miller
The service from LG has been nothing short of wonderful. The problem still hasn't solved but the technician has been outstanding... as I understand it he has to go through certain procedures and now the next one is to replace the panel. I'm sure that will rectify it.

Attachments

• IMG_6282.JPG
    IMG_6282.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 46

Users who are viewing this thread