LG 4x DVD burner problem

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Chris Bardon, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I noticed the other day that my LG 4x DVD burner would only write with Nero at 2x instead of 4x. This is using 8x Memorex blank DVD-R discs, and the strange part is that the last spindle of these discs seemed to work just fine. The discs are OK once they're done-they just take a little longer. Has anyone else noticed this happening?

2. Matt Wright

Matt Wright Stunt Coordinator

Most Memorex discs are known to be cheap in quality (their discs come from multiple optical media vendors). It is possible that the batch you have is recognized by the DVD drive's firmware as only being reliable up to 2x speed and is therefore limiting it. Now whether this information is correct or not is another issue, do you have the latest firmware for the drive (if it is even being updated by LG at all)?

3. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

That could be the case I suppose-perhaps I'll try cracking the other new spindle I have and seing if they fare any better.

I actually tried reinstalling the latest firmware just to be sure-still no good. I'm amazed at how much LGs website sucks-it's nearly impossible to find what you're looking for.