What's new

LFE to mains? (1 Viewer)

PeterK

Supporting Actor
Hey I was reading a thread over at avs, and some people were saying that If you have your mains set to large, then it gets the lfe track. Is this true? the receiver they were talking about was a sonyDE which I also have, but I was under the impression that setting the speakers to large while having the sub set to ON, would only give the mains their full 20-20 frequencies, not the lfe.
I have my system setup with the sub off in the receiver, and have high level in from the mains, cause I wanted my mains to produce lfe aswell as their 20-20 frequencies (I currently have a weak ass sub, so this is by far the best setup I can get out of this system) But people are saying that the mains get lfe on large anyways, I'm confused :confused:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's a good question, but I believe LFE should only be sent to your mains if you have the sub set to none. It is a separate channel, that should only be redirected when no sub is present.

Even if you have a crappy sub, I'd still say you are probably better off setting your mains to small. Unless they actually do extend into the mid 20s, you aren't buying yourself much. Do you have the sub inline with the mains or running on a separate wire from the same main channels?

PeterK

Supporting Actor
aw, If I actually continued to read that thread I would have seen that they resolved the problem, and that the mains were NOT receiving LFE, as I expected from the get go.
I have this setup, cause both my sub and mains go to about 35-40ish Hz.
If i have the speaker to small, my sub works way too hard, and it starts to distort and sound like garbage about 6-7 db below my prefered lisnening level.
I'm getting a dayton soon ( although not the 12" cause it's now back stocked till march ! :angry: ) and I'll do some experimenting with small large settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks