What's new

LFE subs in front and rear of the room? (1 Viewer)

John H

Second Unit
I am using a pair of Velodyne HGS-18's for my main LFE subs. I also use a pair of Paradigm PW-2200's on my rear stage.
My dealer where I purchased the 2200's has a 1 year full price refund towards an upgrade.
I can get a pair of Servo 15a's for very little difference. I have been doing business with this dealer (same salesman) for over 20 years.
I would like to run both the HGS-18's and Servo 15's on the LFE channel.
Here is my problem? I have absolutley no options on placement. The Servos are to deep for front room placement. The big 18's are squeezed in front.
The one an only place they would fit is where my 2200's were. Sideways on the rear wall. 1 on each side of my bed along the rear wall. Each driver firing at the L/R rear corners of the room around 4' away.
Can this configuration work with LFE producing subs in both front and rear of the room?
John

John H

Second Unit
I tested with the 2200's running in conjuction with the 18's on the LFE channel.
All subs have been SPL meter calibrated to the same output level, then the front and rear pairs. Finally the group is calibrated to the same level as the other channels.
The phase is reveresed on the rear pair which produces the most output.
I'll have to wait and see how the Servo 15's work in this situation. I ordered a pair.
John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks