LFE problem with Marantz SR7300

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JongTong, Jan 12, 2003.

1. JongTong

JongTong Auditioning

I've my SR7300 for a couple of weeks. I don't have the delay in audio problem, but I do have a delay in LFE. I found this out when I was calibrating my speakers SPL with Video Essential test disc & Radio Shack SPL. When it's time to calibrate the subwoofer, I don't hear any LFE for about 5 secs. On my previous Yamaha RXV800, immediately I can hear the LFE on the beginning of the LFE track.

Any comments from SR7300 owner?

2. Baldemar Garcia

Baldemar Garcia Stunt Coordinator

I don't own one of these, but are you sure your subwoofer is not in standby mode when you start the LFE cal? Maybe it's taking a little time to wake up, so you get a delay. Make sure the sub isn't sleeping when you start this part of the cal. If so, you may need to bump up the sub output. If the Yamaha had a stronger output, it may explain why there was no delay with it. Just some thoughts.

3. Cameron Wright

Cameron Wright Stunt Coordinator

I own a SR-7000 and I had a PS-1200 and now a PW-2200. I dont seem to haev the problem any more but I think Mine did wait half a sec or 2 before it Thundered into action...

4. JongTong

JongTong Auditioning

Double checked the sub is not in standby, green light.

I'm sure it's not the standby mode of the sub, coz after the sub was producing the LFE, I immediatel back track which it cuts the DD bitstream and restart again on the Sub calibration track. About 5secs into it, then I hear some LFE.

5. Baldemar Garcia

Baldemar Garcia Stunt Coordinator

Wow, that's not a good sign. I'd exchange immediately, or maybe take your disk to your dealer and see if they all do the same thing. That's unacceptable IMO.

6. JongTong

JongTong Auditioning

It's not a big problem for me though becoz not many movies begins with a big bang that requires LFE. So anything after 5 secs into the movie the LFE is there. I just have to remember not to pause in the middle of a big bang.

I also just like to know if any SR7300 owners here has these problem, or it's just my set.