What's new

LFE Out question (1 Viewer)

David Sorenson

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 2 year old Rotel (don't remember model) that has both DD and DTS. Because the crossover is fixed and too high I am using Paradigms external crossover for my sub and running out of the mains. I have turned the LFE channel off in the setup but wondered if I'm going to be losing anything by doing this. When you turn the LFE off does it send any LFE only signal to the mains? My front speakers are set to large with the center and surrounds let to small. The Rotel has two pre-outs and an input for the front channels so I run one output to the crossover and the other output to the input with a cap designed to roll those speakers off at their optimum point.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I think you are fine.

The "Bass Management" in your electronics usually understand that if you DONT have a subwoofer hooked up, it will route the ".1" track to some LARGE speaker.

To test this, get a copy of Avia or Video Essentials and use the speaker test-tones for the subwoofer/LFE channel. You should hear the sound from your L/R speakers. This is the only way I know to get just the ".1" sound from a DVD to hear what is happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks