What's new

LFE Mix Level on a Lexicon (1 Viewer)

Christopher_Ham

Stunt Coordinator
My Lexicon preamp has LFE mix level adjustments seperatley of the Sub level adjustments. The owners manual just says that when you send the bass from all speakers in addition to the LFE channel sometimes it is too much bass, use the LFE mix level to adjust, but no advice. How do I properly set it. All speakers are set to 80hz cutoff and I am using a PB2+ sub.

Thanks for advice
Chris

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
LFE MIX LEVEL allows separate level attenuation of the LFE channel, which is ultimately mixed to the subwoofer output. As the bass from as many as five other channels is added to the LFE, it can significantly raise subwoofer output levels — and create the risk of damage to a system. Careful adjustment of this parameter will allow you to achieve proper tonal balance and reduce the risk of damage.

I would assume the default setting should be correct, as sending more bass from the 5.0 speakers (if set to small 80hz) would in fact in theory mean the 5.0 would have less bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks