What's new

LFE Channel? (1 Viewer)

Tim_Midnite

Auditioning
Hey.....when you play a DVD in DD 5.1, do you want to set the receiver for LFE only to go to the Sub? If you don't, I suppose you're not really getting true 5.1, is this right? If you don't set it up that way.....all the bass level under 80hz from your other speakers will transmit through the Sub and then you'll just have 6 and not 5.1? This Home Theater stuff is confusing me!

Thanks

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
All 5.1 really is is a marketing term. What you really have are 6 tracks on a video cd. As long as each track gets playback, you are listening to "5.1".

"Bass Management" helps rather than hinders, in that it lets the sub do what it was made to do - produce low frequencies - while everything else cruises along.

Almost everyone manipulates the bass in some way.

Hope that helped...

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Tim,
...have you read this stuff here in HTF? Lotta words, but it's all by members helping members... FAQs
No need to save this, it's permanently parked on top of the Basics Area forum.

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
If you are running big main speakers you can set your LFE to both, and main to large, that is the way I am running my system, you might have to move the sub around some to prevent cancellation

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks