Lexx S2V4&5 in Canada

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martin Rendall, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Does anybody know what's going on? V4 was supposed to be out in October last year, and V5 was supposed to be out in January. No sign of them in Canada. This is really frustrating to me, as it looks like I'll have to import it from the US. A damn Canadian release, not released in Canada. WTF???

Ooops. Got a little ranty. Anybody have any lowdown?

Thanks,

Martin.

2. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Not released? Are you sure? I thought vol 4 was released in December and 5 in late January. My source for that is Canadian-based DV-Depot, which has supplied me with both volumes (though maybe they imported...??).

3. Martin Rendall

Thanks for the reference. I will attempt to acquire through them. By browsing, I couldn't tell if they were the CDN or US printing.

Martin.

P.S. I guess the high volume on this thread indicates why their release isn't very timely. I wonder if season 3 will make it to DVD. I think that's the best season of all of them.

4. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Lexx is a nice gem of a series, that doesn't take itself remotely seriously. It's a pity that more people aren't aware of it. I completely missed it on TV, just getting the DVDs. Looking forward to season 3 - I hope you're right. [​IMG]
    I recommend the Lexx forum at http://www.sadgeezer.com/ . The DVD producer, Aleck, often gives news about the Lexx DVDs. Here is a quote:

5. Martin Rendall

PhilipG,

Thanks for the great news! Part of my purchase of S2 was to help prove demand so that S3 would go ahead as planned. S3 has a completely different "flavour", and the cinematography is incredible.

Martin.

6. Michael St. Clair

Is there a way for a yank to easily buy the Canadian releases? If this is going to get somebody in trouble, email or PM me. [​IMG]
    And am I the only person who was really let down by S4? I actually quit watching it.

7. Martin Rendall

Michael,

Having trouble finding the Canadian release around the Toronto area or stocked from CDN etailers. They are on Amazon.com at a great price, so I'd suggest just ordering from there. I don't think there's any difference between CDN and US releases, except where they're pressed. I could be wrong, of course.

As for S4, I agree that it is something of a letdown - especially after S3. The episodes seem all over the board in terms of "mood". Some work better than others.. but the season doesn't seem as coherent as the previous seasons. They've only aired the first 13 eps in Canada so far, so I'll reserve final judgement until the remaining ones are aired.

Martin.

8. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Martin is right - there is no difference between the US & Canadian releases of Lexx.