Lexicon's "Bass Enhance" set-up with different Type (large/small) spks??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Will Gatlin Jr, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Will Gatlin Jr

Will Gatlin Jr Stunt Coordinator

Hello...
    With Bass Enhance engaged, Lexicon says, "For bass reproduction that takes advantage of the Bass Enhanced effect, set the x-over to the sub at 40hz and set the center channel to small (120hz). Set all of the other spks to LARGE, "OR" to SMALL with a 40hz x-over."
    For you folks with a "mixture" of small/large spks, are you getting the full Bass Enhance effect? If you haven't heard a properly set-up 7.1/large spks/sub(s), how do you know if your Lexicon system is properly set-up to handle Bass Enhance with different size spks?

2. John Tompkins

John Tompkins Supporting Actor

Will,

Since you have full range speakers all the way around you may or may not be able to answer this question.

If you could only have FULL range speakers at either the side or up front for bass enhance only, where would you put them ?

The reason I ask is Im trying to decide whether I should put the svs subs on the front 2.9s or side vs2.4s

3. Will Gatlin Jr

Will Gatlin Jr Stunt Coordinator

John...
    The 2.9's must go in the front. I would put the SVS on the LFE (.1) channel.