What's new

Lexicon Owners: Advice on Lexicon MC-1 (1 Viewer)

Todd_Michael_R

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all:

Yet another question for all you more knowledgable gurus out there! Love this forum.

I have the opportunity to pick up a used Lexicon MC-1 for a very good price.

I'm excited to scoop this baby up, but wanted some advice on what to look for on this used unit. Any Lexi owners care to lend some advice?

For instance, off the top of my head:

* Was anything done to later serial number models?

* Are ADC and DACs different among MC-1s? (I know they modified ADC/DACs in the DC line)

* Is the warranty transferrable and how long was it originally?

* Should I make sure the MC-1 was upgraded in any way?

* Any other things I should ask the dealer or know about the MC-1 (besides the trade-in program. I know about that. Doesn't apply to this unit as it was a trade-in for an MC-12)

I've read all I can on this pre/pro on this and other boards, but still have these questions.

As always, your advice is very much appreciated!

Todd

Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator
* Was anything done to later serial number models?
AFAIK, no.
* Are ADC and DACs different among MC-1s? (I know they modified ADC/DACs in the DC line)
Nope.
* Is the warranty transferrable and how long was it originally?
Check Lexi web site, visit smr home theater forum at
http://www.smr-forums.com/ - there is a Lexi support group with Lexi employees answering questions.
* Should I make sure the MC-1 was upgraded in any way?
If it is running 4.0, that is it (Shawn ?? Shawn ??)
* Any other things I should ask the dealer or know about the MC-1 (besides the trade-in program. I know about that. Doesn't apply to this unit as it was a trade-in for an MC-12)
Check that all inputs are working - quick test with a decent dvd player will do it, checking all optical and coax inputs.
Then take it home and enjoy !!!
(another traded-in MC-1 owner)
_zjt

Shawn Fogg

Stunt Coordinator
" Was anything done to later serial number models? "

Only thing I can think of was a very slightly different faceplate. Original MC-1s had the surround format logos arranged around the front panel display. When they added THX EX (v4) they changed the logo layout to be in a line on the right side of the display.

" Is the warranty transferrable and how long was it originally? "

Yes, it is transferrable and it was a 3 year warranty. If you have the serial number you can call Lexicon and talk to customer service and they can tell you how much, if and, warranty is remaining. They can also tell you if the MC-1 was traded in or not.

" Should I make sure the MC-1 was upgraded in any way? "

V4 software though that would have been standard on most MC-1s since THX EX was out the same year the MC-1 shipped.

Shawn

Todd_Michael_R

Stunt Coordinator
Just out of curiosity...

What's a decent price for a used MC-1 these days. I've read around $2000 to $2500 at the lowest but can they be had for any less?

Larry Chanin

Stunt Coordinator
Todd:

AV Sciences briefly had some used MC-1s that they were selling for $2,000. However, these were received from Lexicon as part of their trade-in program and were not eligible for future trade-in. Consequently they carried a lower price than a typical used MC-1.

I recently was in the market for an MC-1 and I never saw any priced lower than $2,000.

Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks