Lexicon MC-12 Owners...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GermainW, Nov 30, 2001.

1. GermainW

GermainW Extra

Just curious, how much did you pay for your new MC-12?

I know the MSRP is like $8,900+, but I wonder what the "street price" is...

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

You know, if ya gotta ask, ya caint afferd it[​IMG] . Sorry I just couldn't resist. I tell you one thing, when it's time to do the new basement and convert it to the new HT room, that bad boy is definetly on the list.

3. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

4. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

I'd *guess* 6,000. I was considering a banged up DC1 that was selling for 800. I chickened out, couldn't even audition it.

5. GermainW

GermainW Extra

Jerome:
    "You know, if ya gotta ask, ya caint afferd it"
    You know, this is exactly the kind of elitist-bastard attitude that makes me want to puke. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    If you've read my other posts, you'd know if I CAN or CANNOT afford it.
    It's bad enough to be judged by a snobbish salesman when I walk into a high-end HT store in my t-shirt and jeans. Being judged by a faceless poster on the forum based on ONE single question, is worse.
    If you've got nothing of value-add to say, it's better to keep your gap shut. This forum, after all, is a place for the less experienced enthusiasts to learn from the experts, and a place for people to share views on all things related to the hobby--*NOT* a place for your ego to be stroked. Attitude and smart-ass comments like yours doesn't help promote the hobby OR the forum.
    [​IMG]

6. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Germain...chill bro! If you look at his post he is kidding. Check out the slang spelling (denotes a "different voice," other than his own, probably the salesman type you are refering to) Then look at the big smiling face (means just kidding). Lastly, when he says sorry, couldn't resist. He is out-right saying that he is not serious.

When you list all the things this forum "is not" I agree, but you need read what people are "really" saying before you jump to an off base conclusion. Personal attacks will get you no where.

Ron

PS: I can't afford a MC-12, but I am very happy with the pre-owned MC-1 I just purchased for a little over 2,000 delivered. I have several authorized dealers that I researched to find my MC-1 that would serve you well in pricing the MC-12. Let me know if you want that info?.

7. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Thanks Ron, GermainW, as Ron said I was only joking, and please note the comment right after that was sincere, I'd love one of these and would love to hear you got one.

8. Peter Mansell

Germain,
    I've also read some of your posts over at AVS, so I have a pretty good idea of where you're at with the system building.
    As I'm sure you have already found, there is only one Lex dealer here in Singapore and they do not tend to discount much. Even used units which have been traded on upgrades tend to sell for far above US prices. I'm currently running a DC-1 purchased from your dealer and so are two of my friends. The whole Lex new and used markets are manipulated to keep prices high.
    US street prices are nice to know, but don't expet to get too close over here. Sorry. [​IMG]
    It sounds like a killer system you are putting together, but I didn't see any details for the projector ?
    Have fun. [​IMG]