1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Lexicon MC-12 - I Have a Few Questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Schamis, Aug 31, 2001.

1. David Schamis

David Schamis Stunt Coordinator

This looks like it could be the pre-amp to beat, but I have a few questions:
    1. Does the analog by-pass allow for bass management? Specifically on 2-channel sources?
    2. Does the video switcher allow Composite to S-Video, and vice versa conversion?
    3. Do the digital outputs only work on digital sources, or on analogs as well?
    These are some of the features that appealed to me in the Anthem AVM-20, that I would expect the MC-12 to include.
    Thanks,
    David

2. Curtis_Edwards

Curtis_Edwards Stunt Coordinator

I too will be curious to hear the answers to these questions.

3. Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand Screenwriter

Paul Hillenbrand
  4. David Schamis

David Schamis Stunt Coordinator

I've read both the manual and the brochure and the answer to these three questions is still not clear.
    Anyone have any idea?
    David

5. Andy Kim

Andy Kim Second Unit

Try SMR Forums: http://www.smr-forums.com
    They have a dedicated Lexicon discussion group with plenty 'o experts on the Lexicon. I think its officially supported to by Lexicon.

6. Philip Brandes

Philip Brandes Stunt Coordinator

Hi David,
    Here are the answers to your questions:
    1. Does the analog by-pass allow for bass management? Specifically on 2-channel sources?
    For each analog input (2-channel and 5.1) you have two options: (1) true analog bypass, which goes directly to the outputs with only volume control (no bass management in this option); and (2) high-resolution 96/24 A/D conversion, which enables bass management, time alignment, and any of the effect modes.
    2. Does the video switcher allow Composite to S-Video, and vice versa conversion?
    Only downconversion from S-Video to Composite.
    3. Do the digital outputs only work on digital sources, or on analogs as well?
    They will work on analog inputs as well as digital. An internal sampling rate converter allows you to specify digital output rate at 44.1, 48, 88.2, or 96 kHz (or automatically match the sample rate of any digital input).
    Hope this helps.
    If you have more questions, feel free to come by our Forum and post there!
    Cheers,
    Philip Brandes
    Lexicon Owners Forum Moderator www.smr-forums.com
    ------------------