What's new

Lexicon DC-1 vs Rotel 1066 (1 Viewer)

Michael_V

Second Unit
Okay, I am not interested in SACD/DVDA at the moment. Never heard Logic 7 but people do go on about it! Can't audition either as I am stranded on a tropical island in the asian-pacific! This same situation also makes the warranty issue a little less meaningful to me.

I think I still lean towards the Anthem. If it were version 2.x software/hardware I would not hesitate, but since it will be a while before I can get over to an authorized dealer to have the upgrade done (again, the tropical island) this is a real factor.

And then there is price: what do you guys think of $2K even for a mint but used Anthem with v1.12 software/hardware? Is this a great deal or just so-so? What would be a great price for the MC-1?

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Michael,

One more point. On your "tropical island in the asian-pacific", what is the voltage for the electrical outlets, 110/120V or 220/240V? The reason I ask is that the AVM-20 is restricted to 105/130V 60Hz power sources for the time being. The MC-1 can operate on 90-250V 50-60Hz circuits.

Michael

Michael_V

Second Unit
Well, everyone, it was a tough choice, but I finally decided to go with the Anthem (which, ironically, is not even one of the units listed in the subject title of this thread!).

Thanks so much for your help in making this decision!

Merry Christmas and peace on earth to all Anthems, Rotels, Lexicons, Parasounds, Outlaws and every other part of this crazy hobby we all so enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.