Lexicon Dc-1 VS. MC-8

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Christopher_Ham, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Christopher_Ham

Christopher_Ham Stunt Coordinator

I currently have a Lexi Dc-1 that I am running with an ati amp. It is a version 4 dts, dd, thx ex. I am considering upgrading to an mc-8. I use my system 99% for home theater. Would the extra 3000.00 be worth it, or is the dc-1 still a good value for a home theater only processor.

2. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

Oh my, yes. Too bad you waited so long to consider an upgrade as I think Lexicon has stopped their return your previous Lexicon for credit deal for the MC-8.

The sound is much more musical (much, much better DAC's being used-- 24 bit/192 kHz for each channel), you get a more advanced Logic7, DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, better bass management, analog inputs for an SACD or DVD-Audio player, more flexibility, etc. etc.

The DC-1 IMHO is a bit long in the tooth.

Dan

3. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Dan,
    While i agree with the points you made in favor of the MC-8, he is only going to use the system for HT not music. Is the the MC-8 worth the extra $3000 just for HT? A fully upgraded DC-1 is still a pretty darn good HT processor. While i think the newer MC8 will have an edge for HT, is it really worth the extra few grand? Only you can be the judge of that Christopher. You definetly need to try an in home demo and let your ears decide.

Dalton

4. Christopher_Ham

Christopher_Ham Stunt Coordinator

I appreciate both of your views, I really like my DC-1 and am deciding if I should put in a projector or get a new processor. I am leaning towards a projector this year and a new processor next year. I had heard the only HT advantage the mc-8 really has is a better Logic 7. Is this true? Also, does the mc-8 have dialogue enhance like the DC-1, I love that feature!

5. Brian Schucher

Brian Schucher Supporting Actor

I think a Pj would be a huge difference! Get the PJ now and change out the pre/pro later.