Lexicon and Rear Speakers Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric A, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Eric A

Eric A Second Unit

To all those knowledgeable people out there, I have a question. I am currently running NHT Super Zeros as rear speakers in a 7.1 Lexicon system. My listening position (couch) is about 8 inches from the back wall. These speakers are located on the wall behind me. They are exactly 5.6 feet from my ears and are the closest speaker to me in the setup. I have them on brackets angled down about 30 degrees. They do not point at me but straight ahead. Here is my problem; when I listen to a movie in Logic 7 they are very localizable and slightly overbearing. I have played with the settings in Logic 7 and cannot seem to get it to my tastes. When listening to music in any surround mode I truly enjoy it and they blend very well. They do not stick out as they do in movie surround. My question is would I do well with a dipole speaker on this back wall and how would it effect my music listening? I spoke with a tech at Lexicon and he offered this to me as an idea and stated that many people had good success with this setup. I want to solicit your opinions and see if anyone out there is using this method and their findings. Thanks in advance.

2. Randy G

Randy G Second Unit

Your environment is obviously not the most conducive for proper dipole placement either, but perhaps their diffusion will be better than what you already have. You might buy(or borrow) a pair and try some experimentation...couldn't hurt.

3. Eric A

Eric A Second Unit

Bump.