What's new

Lewis won the Tyson/Lewis fight! (1 Viewer)

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Sorry guys, I used to love boxing but I no longer watch it. I refuse to put $$$ in the accounts of people like Tyson.
Now if they had a death-match between Tyson and a Kodiak bear I would probably catch that on pay-per-view! :D

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Dennis,
That too bad becuase theres been dozens of fantastic fights the in recent years. If you hate Tyson just dont watch him, but theres Hopkins,Trinidad,Gatti,DelaHoya,Bererra,Ward,Maywe ather,Klitchko,Tapia,Vargas and others.
Personally I think some of the fights Ive seen in the past 5 years have been the best Ive ever seen.
Ill be watching the fight, but I wont be paying for it:D

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Very good point Jon. I should have qualified my statements by limiting them to the heavyweight class. Over the last few years the heavyweights have more in common with the WWF!

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Why does Tyson cry during sex?
Mace does that to you. :D

MikeF

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, but still trying to find a suitable sports bar in Vancouver at which to watch it.

Also, does anyone know 1. what time the "event" (i.e. the undercard matches) starts at? and 2. what time the Tyson-Lewis fight actually starts at?

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I don't know about that official time. Won't it depend on the undercard bouts?

I plan on going over to a friend's place to see it--just for the circus factor, and to socialize.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
If I'm home, I'll check it out, but mainly for all the fights they would have before the main event. It's pretty nice, actually: you get some boxing, and then a freak show to top it all off.

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I wanna see a train wreck as much as the other guy so, I'll watch it. Why not?. I wouldn't pay to watch it though.

Something tells me Tyson is gonna win too. Not that he should, but when has that ever mattered in boxing? Especially a heavy weight title bout. Whatever it takes to set up a rematch is what must happen in the first match.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I think Larry Merchant gave the best reason why Tyson will win. To paraphrase: "the worst thing that could happen to the sport of boxing would be a Tyson victory, and more often than not, the worst thing happens in boxing."

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I'm in. :emoji_thumbsup: I think if it makes it by the first two rounds it will go the distance. I'm giving the edge to Lewis because Tyson has been less than impressive since his loss to Buster Douglas. Who knows, maybe this will be the one where he recaptures his past glory? Now I got to go lay some money down on it to make up for the outrageous 55 dollar fee :frowning:

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
$54.95 for an under 2 hour event? For the cost of 3 DVDs that just doesn't seem right . I honestly think they'd see much more revenue if it was $25.95. Does it cost the same to HBO users?

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
This fight is happening in my backyard, Memphis, and I refuse to support it. It's really sad to see all these people paying extravagant amounts of money to see a fight that will probably last 5 minutes. And at $55 for pay-per-view, I could use that money for something more productive, like putting gas in my truck.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
So is Tyson past his prime or what ? Where does he go from here ? He got what we wanted, a title shot, and he lost fair and square.

Van Patton

Second Unit
We had 6 people over and by round 3 it was decided that Tyson was definatly going to lose. He barely threw any punches at all in rounds 5-8. Lewis didn't even block or keep his hands up, he just held backwards.

HankM

Second Unit
Tyson should be finished after this. Roy Jones Jr. said it best, Mike hasn't fought anyone good since Holyfield.
I enjoyed Mike begging for a re-match:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks