What's new

Level three? (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I'm seriously thinking of going this rout.I was leaning to the JBL 38s and the 3way center,but now I wonder if I should go with the level three books or maybe the towers and the center.Two mains and the center for now and SVS and surrounds first of next year.This will have to be long term so I need to get it right.I'm driving my wife mad with all my upgrades and purchases."Long story in a short amount of time",Four months time.Was just going to do the works now and get it over but 1/2 now and 1/2 latter will work if it will help her deall with my Shanadigins.

Any thoughts or experience out there on level three's.I wonder if I should get the towers or the books?Or go with some thing totally dif.I'm 100% HT.Thanks for advice,I can take it.Are level three's a keeper?

Chris Hiter

Stunt Coordinator
I am really looking at the level 3 towers just because I want it for the long term also and I don't want get something I don't like either. I have heard talk about Axioms but I haven't heard any of these.

Art_C

Stunt Coordinator
I assume you guys are talking about HTD Level III's.

I have the Y-SVS setup, towers up front, center, mains for the surround and a PCi. If you don't plan on getting a sub until the first of next year the towers would definitely help you get by until then. The towers can put out a decent amount of bass and goes down to ~45 Hz. The Level III's are very good value speakers for HT use. They have decent mid and low-end response. They are not so good for music listening because they are not all that great at the high-end stuff. In deciding between the towers and bookshelf I figured in the cost of getting stands for the bookshelf and so the difference was really small and I went for the towers.

I think if you don’t plan on getting a sub in the near feature then the level III’s are probably one of the best deal around for HT use. But if you have a sub or are getting one then I think some other speakers would fit in better especially for musical stuff.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for input.I do have a sub-Vel.ct-150.Thats one of my concerns.I think I would like the looks of the towers but do I need them.Speakers set to small.Seems like they should be alot better than my stock Kenwood 504s.I was also considering the jbl 38s or maybe the n38s.The center on the level three's looks like it might do well?but would it be better than the jbl s-center?I do plan on a SVS first of the year so just don't know what to do.I want this to be a long term decision.

Chris Hiter

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Kenwoods also. I only use this system for home theater and have a Sony sub. I just love the look of standing speakers. It just makes the system seem a little more powerful

Chris Hiter

Stunt Coordinator
my apologies......aesthetically powerful. I am a newbie to speakers so if I ever do try and give advice in sound.....just disregard.

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
If you listen to mainly HT, you may want to consider the JBL NSP1 set. I was skeptical of this set, but after hearing it was sold on them. They are 250 for the set shipped from jandr. They sound wonderful, and you get all 5 speakers that are timbe matched for well under $300. I actually also purchased a pair of N26 for 140 shipped at the same time and got it all for under $400. I'm keeping the extra pair of N24's for future upgrades. You should give them a listen. They even sound very good at Best Buy if that tells you anything. I'm going to be building a Tempest based DIY sub to compliment them. Should be able to do the speakers and sub for well south of $700.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks