Level three speakers, CHT.com?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by steve nn, Apr 20, 2002.

1. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Do any of you have any experience with them? I was thinking of the towers and books with the center as a upgrade? Was ready to order Friday but WAF put me on hold.

2. Steve WC

Steve WC Stunt Coordinator

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Yes I have read that review, that's one of the things that got me going in this direction plus there very reasonable shipping rates. I know I can do the center for-sure, maybe with the books in a few weeks and then the towers the 1st of Jan. next year. I would feel better about this though with more input or exposure on HTF. I don't seem to see much if anything on the Forum on the level three's. My last post on these received no feedback.

4. Art_C

Art_C Stunt Coordinator

The HTD Level III's one of best value for HT use. I have the Y-setup like the one you are looking at. It's especailly good for someone that doesn't have a sub. BTW, if you haven't read about it already, stay away from the Level III sub's. Anyway, I have have my Level III's for about 8 months now and I'm very please with them for HT uses. They are not so good for music because the high end response is kidda muddy. But they will do for someone like me who doesn't do criical music listening.

5. KonradN

KonradN Stunt Coordinator

you should consider axiom or diva speakers as well. I believe both will outperform the htd III.

6. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Well I do have a sub already the vel ct 150, so I wonder if the towers would serve me well. You say the towers sound kind of muddy. MMMMM that dozen't sound so good. What do you think of the center? Does it do a good job for you? Can it handle the higher voices OK? I would have surrounds to, the ones I use now. I would do the books latter to replace the surrounds I use now.