Letterman puts the move on Gillian Anderson!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, May 12, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Click here for the CBS Lateshow page, and then click on "Big Show Highlight" next to the Gillian photo on the page. Loved Letterman's last line in this video clip.

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I saw the original broadcast, which was very, very funny. I'd say they were equal participants.

M.

3. phil-w

phil-w Stunt Coordinator

Can you give me an idea what happened?
    I don't have Real Player and I don't want to download it because it will take over my PC [​IMG]

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I thought it was also freaking hilarious when I saw it (I saw it the night it was on TV).

What happened was David asked Gillian what it was like now that the show was over. She said it wasn't affecting her much, though during the last episode being taped, she would think of all the things that were being done (like hair, costume, makeup, etc.) as the last times those things would be done. She said something to the effect of "The last time my lips will be touched up" and Dave responded with "Can I touch up your lips?"

So she started to lean forward and asked something like "With what?" so he leaned forward and they ALMOST kissed. Everyone started to laugh as they both leaned back in their seats (Gillian almost fell out of her seat). After some laughing, Gillian was mentioning that their lips touched, but Dave said it wasn't an actual kiss, so she grabbed him and they both kissed (for a little while) and then the rest of the interview was pretty much her trying to recooperated from that experience.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Letterman's last line of the clips was "Seriously, let's get a room."

Did Gillian look pregnant to anyone else from that video clip?

6. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

It was hard to tell, Patrick. Either way, she looked fabulous. And, of course, Dave is still the best dead-pan comic host working.

Bruce

7. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    thats why i love his show so much he is as cool is ice in those situations.

8. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    That's my boy! [​IMG]
    Seriously, Letterman has always been sort of a hound dog when it came to attractive women on his show. I remember when Jennifer Lopez was on, she came out wearing this really hot dress, and all through the interview Dave was going nuts! He kept squirming in his seat, and kept trying to reach out and touch her hand or shoulder. It was pretty entertaining to watch him kinda lose his cool on national television. [​IMG]

9. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Dave has gotten lucky (in various senses) with quite a few attractive women in the last few years. It's always fun to watch. It certainly beats the early years, when he got called an *** by Cher, and was almost kicked in the head by Crispin Glover [​IMG]
    I don't know if it's in the clip on the website, but Dave said something to the effect that: whenever such an opportunity presents itself on the show, he'd go for it, because what the heck? I'm sure I'm not alone in saying, I'd do the exact same thing!
    Of the four late night guys, his reactions are the best. Conan does that fake cat purr thing and some joke, which is usually funny. Kilborn acts puritanical, but a good portion of his guests are supermodels and other people that appear in Maxim -- not that there's anything wrong with that. Jay might utter some innuendo, but he mostly acts very married, for lack of a better term.
    Gillian looked -- I dunno -- very relaxed. I didn't care much for her outfit (other than being kinda flowy, it wasn't particularly flattering) but she still looked good.
    //Ken

10. Scott W.

Scott W. Second Unit

Patrick, that was great! I needed a good laugh... thanks [​IMG]
    Scott

11. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer