Letterman is ON this week

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Mike Soltis, May 6, 2004.

1. Mike Soltis

Mike Soltis Stunt Coordinator

Man, I've been watching this week (lack of sleep) and this show (imho) has been ON this week.
    Monday "Would you like to pretend you're in an earthquake" and "Alan Kalter's People Who Can Kiss My Ass", as well as "Stupid Human Tricks" were hilarious.
    Tuesday with the Olsen ex-twins, and Professor Robert Mundell telling 'yo mama' jokes..
    Last night (Wednesday) with the Mariachi band on the marquee, and teaching Kate Beckinsale to drive (she looked fine on the show, actually better than on screen[​IMG], and the sex expert (Sue Johanson)...
    I don't know what it is, this show has been great this week.
    If you are a fan, you should probably check it out....

2. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Yeah, Dave has been on a roll lately. It's a good thing.. Dave has that sarcastic kind of humor I enjoy, and his interviews are always sharp.

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    The bits have been good, but I think his interviewing skills have taken a huge dive. His interview with Kate Beckinsale was just painful to watch. He's stuttering and stumbling along, not to mention he can't come up with the origins of the Van Helsing character (i.e. the novel "Dracula").

4. chuck_b

chuck_b Supporting Actor

Dave needs to get HD up and running. Seems to be using HD cameras for a while, but no HD broadcast yet ;-(

Sometimes Leno is better just because everyone and everything looks better in HD (or worse in some cases).

5. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

A bit off-topic, but I just read about an unusual (and seemingly pointless IMO) sweeps-stunt Letterman and crew will be doing on next Friday's episode (5/14).

Normally, they tape Friday's episode on Thursday night, but next week they'll be taping Friday's episode at 4 AM Friday morning. And they're going to solicit "nighcrawlers" to be in the audience. I really don't see the point in this, as it'll still air in its normal time slot. If they did it live at 4:00 Saturday morning that would be a bit more interesting, but not this way.

Edited to add link to story:
    http://www.tvweek.com/news/web050604.html

6. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

I just saw the first part when Kate drove off with Monty/Smitty. Anything happen after that?

7. Mike Soltis

Mike Soltis Stunt Coordinator

Not really, they started to show her trying to parallel park.

Highlight of the week is still probably "I do some of my best work there."

8. Mike Slade

Mike Slade Second Unit

That was great. My other highlight this week was when he was talking to Adam Brody about Paris Hilton. When Adam said, "You seem quite smitten with her", Dave responded "Well i've seen her having sex."

9. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

I loved that. But my favourite was when he was talking about trying to remember which Olsen twin was which, and he pulled up the dolls to help him remember. And then he said "I hope they're wearing these outfits, otherwise I'm screwed" (or words to that effect). I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

10. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I'm looking forward to the 4am show. They're gonna plant cameras all around Times Square for some early morning, candid fun. [​IMG]