Letter writing in Anmal Crossing-anyone had any luck?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Bardon, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

So I've written dozens of letters in this game, and can almost never get a decent response. With only a couple of exceptions, I'll get an "I can't understand what you're saying" reply. I've gone from the complex to the unbelievably simple ("Hi Bones!"), and nothing-just "write in english next time" or "I don't want to have to look up every word you write". Is there anything that the parser can understand? I've even attached presents to ALL of these letters, and nothing in return.

Anyone had better luck than I have?

2. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

I don't think it matters what you write. I've tried everything from strings of profanity, to lauditory sexual comments, to just a simple ".", and the results are pretty much the same.

3. EdR

EdR Second Unit

I had a string of 'successful' letters. Success in the sense that they got compliments from the recipients. I wrote around 3 short sentences, with perfect puctuation, including capital letters to start sentences and proper names. I also started with a intro on it's own line. For example:

4. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor