What's new

Letter to Paul McCartney....from ex-"Mr. Mills" (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Check it out....

In a knockabout letter to Sir Paul, Chris Terrill, the man Heather left for the former Beatle, says all is forgiven (just) and that he’s playing Sgt Pepper again

You can find the letter online here.

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
"To cement our commitment, we joined the mile-high club on our way back to Britain. Sorry. Probably too much information there" :D

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i propose that we call them britcoms.

so did this guy write the letter directly to "macca", or did he post it online? seems like there is a lot of humor for a letter to a man who just split up with his wife.

CJ

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

I agree - and so do most other Brits, I suspect. I think that the best Brit humour these days is to be found on a couple of quiz shows - Have I got News for You and QI. However, the first revolves around contemporary politics and the latter around discussions about really arcane pieces of knowledge, so I'm not sure they'd translate well to an American audience.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
That's pretty interesting. This would appear to be an "open" letter posted online and not something sent directly to Paul. That would be an interesting conversation starter - "My fiance just left me for Paul McCartney".

Sounds like Heather Mills has some serious relationship issues. She may not be a golddigger but she sure did stumble into the jackpot on this one.

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
I made my wife read it last night and she thought it was a riot too.

I have to say, I never really watched many British comedies but I enjoyed the British humour first hand when I visited London for the first time earlier this year -the cab driver, at the airline counter, at the pub, at the football match (Highbury).
Sorry to go off-topic a bit, maybe we should start an 'appreciation for Brit Humour' thread- perhaps already been done here at AHL :)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Oooo, good choice!

And you do realise how lucky you are that you managed to get there when you did, considering the place is closing and the last ever game was just played there a few weeks ago -- Arsenal are moving to a new stadium next season, so the old classic art-deco stadium will be no more (or rather, the two main stands are being converted into apartments).

"Good old Arsenal, we're proud to say that name"

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
The best way to enjoy Brit humour is often to join in conversations with Brits. Unless you're joined a group of psychopaths, then they're likely to be very polite at first. You know you've been accepted by most of us Brits when we start insulting you. Only if very very drunk will most Brits admit that they actually like someone else. Being insulting is our way of saying that we feel secure enough in the relationship that we can safely test the level of acceptance by spending most of our time being sarcasting or otherwise offensive.

Probably the best Brit humour is in response to adversity. Workplace humour against idiotic management is probably the richest form of this.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Heathered :laugh:

Seriously, though, if I had the money, I would go over to the UK, and take ENGLISH writing classes from a Brit. Every single example I have ever seen of British correspondence has been just wonderful, in terms of honesty, and ability to express one's opinion in a memorable way - this, and the irate British NTL customer come immediately to mind.

I hope Sir Paul DOES get together with this guy for a beer. I would love to be a fly on the wall with THAT meeting!

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter

Smeg off.... from Dictionary.com:

HUMOUR:

Variant: or chiefly British hu·mour /'hyü-m&r, 'yü-/
Function: noun
1 a : a normal functioning bodily semifluid or fluid (as the blood or lymph) b : a secretion (as a hormone) that is an excitant of activity

2 in ancient and medieval physiology : a fluid or juice of an animal or plant; specifically : one of the four fluids that were believed to enter into the constitution of the body and to determine by their relative proportions a person's health and temperament

Us Ahmerikins now r stuf.....

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
LOL Andrew, we did partake of a few pints at the Arsenal pub after the match and there was plenty of that banter. It was all good though. We fit right in with the zingers!!

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Thanks for posting that -- it was great reading!

It IS funny how sometimes the person we hate most at one moment can become the person who actually understands our situation the most.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I know its a bit off topic. But, I read that she could be entitled to around 400 million dollars. No offense...But, that is obscene. Now if she was with him before he became a Beatle until now...Ok. But, how long have they been married...4 years? :rolleyes

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
I read that Paul ended up hiring the lawyer in the UK, that most women try to get who are looking for huge settlements, so he beat her to the punch. Some reports say that she might only end up with 25million. Still not bad, but certainly puts into light whether she's a gold digger or not (contrary to what the first guy says).

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
I read that Paul ended up hiring the lawyer in the UK, that most women try to get who are looking for huge settlements, so he beat her to the punch. Some reports say that she might only end up with 25million. Still not bad, but certainly puts into light whether she's a gold digger or not (contrary to what the first guy says).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks