What's new

Let's Whine and Moan About Having To Back To School Thread (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Check out the ...
:b I didn't mean to brag. Just wanted to remind the "youngin's" (:)) that school can have some choice payoffs at the end. My role (if any) in a program like NGST (Next Gen. Space Telescope) would be a small one, considering the multitudes of people working on it. But it would be way cool to go see the Shuttle launch, knowing that a bit of my effort made it possible.
There are some interesting and even amazing opportunities available for every field and education level. 'Course, education isn't always the key -- but it generally helps.
And if academics aren't your thing, there are still some avenues for craftsman (the precise word escapes me). Last I heard, there was a shortage of Optical Polishers (the guys who polish mirrors for telescopes, glass for precision lenses, etc.). And I think there will still be a need for them, despite the in-roads made with computer-controlled polishing.
Anyhow, sorry for interrupting your moaning with my visions of post-school employment ;)
Off to bed for me; it's two hours past bedtime (start work at 7:30 am; grad school had better hours...)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I get up around 6-6:30 and the first class starts at 7:22.
7:22 is a really odd time to start a class. I mean, where in the hell did they pull that number from? Homeroom starts at 7:40 for me, first class at 7:55, but I have to be at the bus-stop by 7:00, so I get up at around 6:00.:frowning: :angry:

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
it's a double edged sword here, the town is EMPTY all summer long, then when the kiddies go to school all the college assholes move back into town and piss me off
My wife and I choose to live in a college community (3–4 blocks from SMU). Love it when school begins. Community has a buzz that it lacks in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks