What's new

Lets Us try again... GTA (1 Viewer)

Miles_W

Second Unit
Salvador,

I guess I could squeeze 2 more in but I'll shut the door at that... Let me know who it is so I can add them to the list... so tentatively...

Norm

Brent

Massimo

Larry

Walter

Lou

Kevin

Dave

Trevor

Phil

Rick

Salvador (tentatively)

Haig (tentatively)

Salvador

Second Unit
Thanks miles. Haig is 100% sure. I'm not sure if i will be able to finish my JAVA assignment as i'm still in process of finishing my Recursion assignment. But I'd say i have a 65% chance of finishing it before the 30th. If ever i don't then Mike will take my place. Sorry for the confusion.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Re: the XBox & cabling - I have the HD pack and the cabling for 5.1 audio & component video - so no problem there.

Phil

Stunt Coordinator
Miles,
I will definitely bring the Rock....Since I have never seen your set up I don't know what hardware you are running ( but I can't wait to find out ;) ). I have a RP91 and could bring it along if you would like. Sounds strange I know, but there seems to be a fair bit of interest on the forum about this player. Let me know.
Phil

Miles_W

Second Unit
Lance, if you don't mind standing room only you are welcome to come along but now we are hitting the original 15 or so I will cap at you...

from now anyone else is put on a waiting list...

current attendees...

Norm

Brent

Massimo

Larry

Walter

Lou

Kevin

Dave

Trevor

Phil

Rick

Salvador (tentatively)

Haig (tentatively

Lance

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Miles, can we get directions, or at least the address for Audio Excellence? I'll need it to get there.

I'm hoping they have a DLP front projector set up. I'd like to that in action.

Later...

Norm

Miles_W

Second Unit
Hi Norm... the address to Audio Excellence is...

Audio Excellence

8763A Bayview Ave

2nd set of lights north of highway 7.

If you are coming off the 400 get on the 407 and get off at Bayview the are just North of the 407/high 7. You will see a set of Traffic lights with a Gas station on the Left Hand Side to the Right is a small Plaza turn into the plaza and turn Left they are in an old House.

Phone number there is 905-881-7109

Norm I asked them to have the Plus Piano on display, I can also ask them for a Dreamvision cinexone... not sure if they have one in stock though...

I though we would meet around 10am... Is this to early for your guys coming from out of town??

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Hey Miles; I wonder if they can get there hands on the little Sony presentation projector ...It's only $3000.
It sure would be a nice "inexpensive " move up:)
Brent L

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
10am if fine with me. And the more DLP projectors to see the better. That's what I'm leaning towards for my dedicated home theater. Although it'll be a couple of more years before I start working on it, I want to keep up to date with the technology and products.

Thanks for the directions and address.

I shall see everyone there.

Norm

Miles_W

Second Unit
Brent,
I don't think that they do much Sony, but I do have a lead on an infocus lp 350 with about 1 yr left on the warrenty...
Let me know if you are interested... It is way cheaper than 3K...
Lou,
are you coming over earlier to drop the x-box off... that way I can hop a ride with either you or Larry, or perhaps we should all go together?
Massimo, Walter is 10am okay for you guys??
Norm, is Wayne coming I haven't seen him chime in yet...
Still looking for tunes you guys want to demo. Last time all I heard about was the amount of DISCO in my collection... If you want to hear stuff you are familar with please go ahead and bring it! Same thing for movies
so far we have the Rock Criterion and Fifth Element SB any others
Please sound off in what you are interested in so we can make sure we can get it there...
Also I am trying to round up some deals on stuff... I can probably get you pricing on Pioneer, Pioneer Elite, JVC, Kenwood, and Panasonic so if you are looking for something in those lines let me know!!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Miles - I can pop over to your place first no problem - say 09:00 am? Makes sense for you, Larry, and myself to go together I think.

Just to clarify - we're going to DVDWave in Richmond Hill right? Or are we going to the Flea Market?

DVDWave has a store at Leslie just above 16th Avenue.

Miles_W

Second Unit
Lou,

I thought the Store in Richmond Hill, but it doesn't really matter to me... Yes 9 am is fine at my end...

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Miles,

I talked to Wayne a few days ago and he mentioned he had a wedding to go to, so he won't be coming this time.

I'm looking forward to go to DVD Wave. I need to pick up ST:TNG season one as well as Slap Shot 2: Breaking the Ice. Might even pick up the Billy Jack four pack.

Norm

Walter Feddern

Stunt Coordinator
10am is ok for me. Mass and I need to sort out the car pooling thing, but I think its my turn to drive. Should even arrive in time now that I know where the place is (drove past last time :)
I have been playing around with a Home Theater PC lately. Right now I don't have a dedicated machine for it, and have just been using the single PC I have to experiment with. Not sure if I could demo much on it at this point, but if people are interested I could work on something for the next meet. I could probably demo a DVD or Divx file playing for this meet if anyone is interested. I just don't have a soundcard with a digital out working yet. I can output to a display either via vga cable, or I have a vga to component converter that will work with a display that accepts HD resolutions.
Walter.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Hey guys - I'm just throwing this out to see what kind of a reaction it will generate.

What's the feeling as hitting a matinee ~1:30 for LOTR at the Scarborough Town Centre? We could forgo the lunch and just grab something at the theatre.

The new trailer for TTT is scheduled to start playing on the 29th so it should be playing when we get together.

Just a thought - I know we're tight for time.

Let me know what you think.

Phil

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Miles,

So is it confirmed for 10 am at Audio Excellence? Is there a consensus on the rest of the day's plans?

Let me know...

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks