What's new

Let's Talk Scotch / Whisky (1 Viewer)

Noah Gottula

Stunt Coordinator
I decided to bite the bullet and went out and bought a bottle of Laphroaig 10. Tastes pretty damn good to me, but I really dont have much to compare with since the only other scotch i've drank is johnnie walker red label.

Neil N

Stunt Coordinator
However--if you have a Sam's Club nearby, check out their single malt collection regularly and you might find a nice surprise or two. There is a Sam's Club in my area that aggressively closes out whatever brands they're selling when they get down to the last 5-10 bottles. Within the last year, I've found Glenmorangie Port Wood for $20.xx, Oban for $16.xx, and, most recently, I bought two bottles of the incredible Lagavulin 16-year-old for under $45 for the pair. (Considering that I've seen Lagavulin in the better liquor stores for close to $60 a bottle, the Sam's Club price represented quite a deal indeed.)
Now those are some pretty good deals. I'm going to have to start checking Sam's for single malts.
Right now I'm enjoying some Cragganmore 12...don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, but quite enjoyable.

Patrick-J

Agent
"I decided to bite the bullet and went out and bought a bottle of Laphroaig 10"

Go Neil! talk about grabing the bull by the horns. If you like the Laphroaig, you'll probably like some of the other Islay malts. Some of the more common ones are the Lagavulin, Bowmore, and Ardbeg. If you want something somewhat different try the Talisker 10, a little less peaty and more peppery, and very good as well. Also the Macallan 12 and 15 are highly regarded if you are in the mood for something that is very different from the Laphroaig.

Slainte!

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks