Lets talk Beer..... BONG!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Poehlman, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

For my 767th post, I just wanted to share my juvenile experiences with you all... my freind and I decided to attempt to re-live our high-school days by going to the Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth show last month.
    Well, there was a 15ft beer bong in the parking lot... my friend and I just had to see if we could still party like idiots and try it. [​IMG]
    Heres my attempt:
    Here I am getting mentally prepared for the feat. (yes, that is a bootleg Van Halen shirt my friend dug out of his attic.. circa 1982, I believe. It didn't survive the show, sadly.)
    Here I am sizing up my opponent. I only put 36 oz of beer in it. The guy who owned the bong says it can hold about a gallon "but you don't want to do that" he said with a look in his eye as if he was reliving a bad experience.
    A word about the bong, it was 15ft tall. The beer is hand pumped up to the top via a pressurized insecticide tank (only used for beer, they assured me). With a gas nozzle on the end (only used for beer, they assured me).
    Here I am getting my game face on.
    Here I am taking it like a champ... well almost. I'm sad to admit I came up about a half a beer short... mostly due to downing a 7 inch italian special sub prior to my attempt.... I thought I was going to explode.
    Okay.. time to act like a grown up again and get back to work.

2. Marshall Alsup

Marshall Alsup Second Unit

you rule!

3. Chris Rosene

Chris Rosene Second Unit

Hey, I think I saw you at Summerfest Saturday night. It was hard to recognize you with a beer cup over your face!![​IMG]

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

[​IMG]
    Chris, you don't know how close you are to the truth.. I was at Summerfest Saturday.. and I did have a beer cup in my face for a good part of the evening!

5. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

That's insane.
    Can you get me a parts list? [​IMG]

6. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

Congrats on doing the bong. A skill I never mastered.

BTW: I'm coming up to Milwaukee for Summerfest. It's my first time there; any suggestions of what to do and where to go.

7. Chris Rosene

Chris Rosene Second Unit

Dave Beebe, depends on what you like!! I myself could walk around for 12 hours, drink beer, and people watch and I'd be a happy guy. There are ALL walks of life at Summerfest and the people watching is second-to-none.

Saturday night was the Boogie Men followed by the B-52's. Awesome!!

The best night coming up in my opinion is Friday, July 5th. I'll be starting off with Pork and the Havana Ducks at noon, Dread Zeppelin at 5:30, and finish off with Ted Nugent 10:00 .

If you get to Milwaukee early, just north of Summerfest there is a little Gyro joint that has the best Gyros in town. It's called Oakland Gyros and it's on the corner of Oakland and Locust.

Enjoy!!

8. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Haha, looks like you had a pretty good lip-to-nozzle seal there dave, good sucking technique, must be from the years of practice :wink:
    haha, just buggin. I love the shirt though [​IMG]

9. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

10. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

That's funny as Hell! [​IMG] I've never seen a beer bong that big before. I don't think there's any way I'd survive that.