1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Lets talk Beer..... BONG!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Poehlman, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

For my 767th post, I just wanted to share my juvenile experiences with you all... my freind and I decided to attempt to re-live our high-school days by going to the Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth show last month.
    Well, there was a 15ft beer bong in the parking lot... my friend and I just had to see if we could still party like idiots and try it. [​IMG]
    Heres my attempt:
    Here I am getting mentally prepared for the feat. (yes, that is a bootleg Van Halen shirt my friend dug out of his attic.. circa 1982, I believe. It didn't survive the show, sadly.)
    Here I am sizing up my opponent. I only put 36 oz of beer in it. The guy who owned the bong says it can hold about a gallon "but you don't want to do that" he said with a look in his eye as if he was reliving a bad experience.
    A word about the bong, it was 15ft tall. The beer is hand pumped up to the top via a pressurized insecticide tank (only used for beer, they assured me). With a gas nozzle on the end (only used for beer, they assured me).
    Here I am getting my game face on.
    Here I am taking it like a champ... well almost. I'm sad to admit I came up about a half a beer short... mostly due to downing a 7 inch italian special sub prior to my attempt.... I thought I was going to explode.
    Okay.. time to act like a grown up again and get back to work.

2. Marshall Alsup

Marshall Alsup Second Unit

you rule!

3. Chris Rosene

Chris Rosene Second Unit

Hey, I think I saw you at Summerfest Saturday night. It was hard to recognize you with a beer cup over your face!![​IMG]

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

[​IMG]
    Chris, you don't know how close you are to the truth.. I was at Summerfest Saturday.. and I did have a beer cup in my face for a good part of the evening!

5. Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa Supporting Actor

That's insane.
    Can you get me a parts list? [​IMG]

6. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

Congrats on doing the bong. A skill I never mastered.

BTW: I'm coming up to Milwaukee for Summerfest. It's my first time there; any suggestions of what to do and where to go.

7. Chris Rosene

Chris Rosene Second Unit

Dave Beebe, depends on what you like!! I myself could walk around for 12 hours, drink beer, and people watch and I'd be a happy guy. There are ALL walks of life at Summerfest and the people watching is second-to-none.

Saturday night was the Boogie Men followed by the B-52's. Awesome!!

The best night coming up in my opinion is Friday, July 5th. I'll be starting off with Pork and the Havana Ducks at noon, Dread Zeppelin at 5:30, and finish off with Ted Nugent 10:00 .

If you get to Milwaukee early, just north of Summerfest there is a little Gyro joint that has the best Gyros in town. It's called Oakland Gyros and it's on the corner of Oakland and Locust.

Enjoy!!

8. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Haha, looks like you had a pretty good lip-to-nozzle seal there dave, good sucking technique, must be from the years of practice :wink:
    haha, just buggin. I love the shirt though [​IMG]

9. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

10. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

That's funny as Hell! [​IMG] I've never seen a beer bong that big before. I don't think there's any way I'd survive that.