What's new

Let's start a geography fund for Miss Teen South Carolina (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Anyone see the video floating around from Friday night's Miss Teen USA? During the 'random' question session, Miss Teen South Carolina managed to set a new low for Blondes. :laugh:

Here's the video:

She is hot, but damn, there's nothing going on upstairs.

In case the video goes belly up eventually, here's a transcript of the question and her answer:

Question:

"Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can’t locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think this is?"

Miss Teen USA:

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some ... people out there in our nation don't have maps and uh, I believe that our, ah, education like such as in South Africa, and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uh, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for."

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
You just can't make $hit like that up.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Reading it makes it even more hillarious. She was definatly on track though, if only she had more time.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Aren't these girls supposed to be competing for college scholarships? Yeah, that's gonna work out well. :)

Regards,

Joe

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I didn't hear "the" Iraq, I heard "Die Iraq." And, I think I heard "Osama" in there somewhere as well. If I were 20 years younger, I'd be happy to take her in and shield her from the world's knowledge.:D

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

The first time I heard it too, I thought she said "Osama" where they have her quoted as "because, uh, some ... people out there"

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Someone has edited the Wiki page for 'Miss South Carolina Teen USA'. It has a list of all the past Miss South Carolina Teens and notes about each one. The notes for Caitlin Upton (our lovely girl in the video), says 'Confirmed Moron'. :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_So...olina_Teen_USA

I just want to know how 'Slater' kept from busting a gut standing next to her while she was answering the question.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought I saw him suppress a smirk.

The transcript definitely makes it funnier. Hearing it (especially the first time) was just a bunch of words mashed together. And it seems her "coach" just told her to make sure she gets certain countries into her response. South Africa? What decade does she think this is? :D

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Oh - come on guys! Wouldn't she make a great politician? She already sounds like most of the others I have heard. I won't get into any names of course.

Glenn

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I feel sorry for her. I haven't seen the rest of her responses but I guess they're fairly normal. It's just an attack of nerves, and any of us can screw up under those conditions. I've done a fair amount of [supposed] expert interviews for the BBC and I've seen people who could normally talk the hind legs off a donkey reduced to monosyllabic stupidity when asked an unexpected question with a live microphone in front of them.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
As jaw dropping as that was, I'm with both Philip and Andrew. I actually came across that one live, since I had just landed on whatever channel that was on and saw that Miss Colorado was still in the running. Colorado rarely makes it past the first round in these things, not to mention actually winning. I doubt Miss SC will be breaking any SAT records, but it had to be a big case of nerves too. I've reached a point where I no longer get pleasure out of laughing AT people, so I mostly feel sorry for her situation now. I doubt there is a single one of us who hasn't had many moments where they were completely tongue tied. We just weren't on national TV.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Wow that was actually painful to watch. Having been thru a similar meltdown at work some months ago, I fully empathize with the poor thing.

I must command her for her control of her face during the ordeal -- I probably looked and sounded like I was fighting severe constipation during those interminable seconds.

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks