What's new

LET'S MAKE A DEAL To Replace GUIDING LIGHT on CBS (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
What's the old saying: The Lord never turns off a light without opening a door, or something like that?

In all seriousness, I hope this does well. It should unless the production company mangles it beyond recognition.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, I liked the show when Hall led it, and I like Wayne Brady. I guess this means Don't Forget the Lyrics is a goner. Dang.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I once read an article about the original show where they had an incident where one of the "Zonk" Prizes was actually worth MORE than "The Big Deal of the Day" (Which in those days was usually a New Car such as a Chevy Impala). A Contestant had the misfortune of choosing a curtain with the "Zonk" Prize, which was a Conestoga Wagon. (AKA "Prairie Schooner".) Contestants were offered "Reasonable" Substitutions for these gags (I believe about $100.00 at the time - 1960s) however this contestant ran a Day-Camp for Kids, and he figured the kids would love to have this wagon to play in. Then it was found out the wagon was the real deal, and it had been on loan from a California Museum, which had it insured for $25,000.00! (Nearly 5 times what a Luxery Car went for in those days!). They ended up giving the Man the Money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks