Let's get LUCAS on DVD!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Rags, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Tom Rags

Tom Rags Supporting Actor

No, not George, but let's get the 1986 movie starring Corey Haim, Kerri Green, Winona Ryder, and Charlie Sheen on DVD! No need for any major extras, just any old barebones disk will do. This is a classic '80's movie that absolutely needs to be preserved on something other than an OOP VHS. Who's with me? (And who doesn't think that Kerri Green was the hottest of the '80's chicks? Ahh, that scene where she is hitting the tennis balls in the mini-skirt [​IMG] )

2. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Supporting Actor

I would love to see this on DVD! One of my all time faves with an awesome cast (Jeremy Piven and Courtney-Thorne Smith are in as well). Last year I shelled out $100 for the super rare Japanese LD of it, but it's still Pan & Scam like the VHS was, but I just had to have it on disc. Please Fox, please! Anamorphic widescreen is all I would need but a nice cast commentary track a'la The Goonies would be great too!

3. Tom Rags

Tom Rags Supporting Actor

Yeah, a Goonies-esque commentary would be fantastic. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who absolutely loves this movie (after all, there is always just a little bit of Lucas in all of us).

If Peter Straddon is listening, let's get this thing on DVD! Pretty please?

4. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

Count me in [​IMG] The 80s sucked in many ways, but the best teen films ever came out of that decade.

5. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Supporting Actor

I'm sure there are a good number of Lucas fans out there. Unfortunately, apparently not enough for Fox to issue a U.S. release of the laserdisc. This was the reply I got when I inquired about the LD, probably around ten years ago. [​IMG] Hopefully the situation has changed with the popularity of DVD nowadays and the success that (most) of the cast has now enjoyed. We can only hope!

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I wouldn't mind it either; this and Goonies are the 2 best efforts Kerri Green had among her ½-dozen-or-so films.

7. Rob P S

Rob P S Screenwriter

rob
    An awesome movie. One of the few good movies Charlie Sheen and Corey Haim ever made. Kerri Green guest-starred on an ER episode a few years ago. Sign me up for the DVD!

8. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

As it stands I'm a huge fan of this movie, and of the Corey's. Count me in for a purchase.

9. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    This would be great. They should quickly record an audio commentary with Corey Haim before he dies.

10. Allan Mack

Allan Mack Supporting Actor

Yeah, I'd like to see this on DVD as well, preferably OAR and anamorphic.

I would also like to see Some Kind of Wonderful on DVD, too.

11. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

count me in too!! i loved this movie!!

12. RossH

RossH Stunt Coordinator

Ross Hudgins
    Count me in, too. Caught a bit of this film on Canadian Learning Television a few months back...good stuff! One of those films they should make you watch in school.
    Ross