Let's Discuss "The Road to Perdition"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_Sch, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

I don't know about you, but I'm incredibly psyched for this film. My love of mob movies plus the presence of Tom Hanks, Paul Newman (Paul frikkin' Newman[​IMG] ), and Jude Law, make for a nice number three spot on my most anticipated movies list, trailing only TTT and ROTK. I think this could really be a departure for ultimate good-guy Tom Hanks, playing a cold-blooded hitman who's also a family guy and has a certain "code of honor" he goes by. Then you have Law, who hasn't had a bad performance that I've seen, and Paul Newman, who's, well, Paul Newman. With American Beauty's Sam Mendes behind the camera, this will hopefully one to put right up there with Goodfellas and the Godfather. Lofty expectations I know, but I think it might have the potential to reach them.
    edit: Looking at the official site, it's come to my attention that there's no "The" in the title. Whoops:b

2. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

Hmm, maybe this thread's title should be changed to "Let's not discuss Road to Perdition."

3. Guy_K

Guy_K Second Unit

This looks like it'll be a good film. I don't know if it will win oscars though. Gangs of New York is another period piece gangster film which I think will be good.

4. josh4040

josh4040 Second Unit

This movie is coming out on my birthday and I can't wait for it, Hanks + Mafia = something special

5. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Don't forget director Sam Mendes (American Beauty) w/ the Score by Thomas Newman (American Beauty, Shawshank, Green Mile)

6. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

For some reason, I just love the poster for Road to Perdition:
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    Looks to be a great effort...Sam Mendes directing a cast that includes Hanks, Jude Law, Paul Newman, Stanley Tucci and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Looking forward to this one.
    Plus, it's not everyday you get to see Tom Hanks in full-on badass mode. [​IMG]