Let's chat!! HTF has a chatroom!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Garrison, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

Just the other day, I noticed a link for CHAT on HTF. So, I checked it out, and no one's in there. So, as I'm typing this, I'm in the chat all by myself. You must use the same name you use in the message boards. Also, no spaces. KenGarrison, for example. So, let's try this chat thing out. Get to know each other a little better. Other than just leave messages on the boards.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/home/chat2.html

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I noticed this a while ago and wondered why nobody ever chatted in it. I guess most people just trade AIM/YIM/ICQ etc. screennames.

3. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Screenwriter

This was the chat forum used when Ron and Parker were gracious enough to host live web chats with important members of the film/home theater community, such as Robert Harris, Peter Staddon, and Van Ling.
    The chats have come to a halt (also at the insistance of Ron and Parker). This was due to improper behavior of several members who were taking advantages of holes in the software to privately badger guests.
    As best explained by Ron...
    and the hits just keep on comin'...
    If you're gonna chat, you're already in the best web forum around...

4. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

OMG! It works.

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

chat never works out on msg forums it seems. I think too many people are on the forum for 5 minutes and leave, or not enough all at once.

6. Chris Beveridge

Chris Beveridge Second Unit

Chat rooms can work. Ours has an average of 60-70 people there throughout the day plus new people showing up all the time. And while our forum isn't as active as here, it still sustains a lot of traffic daily. Both can work quite well.

7. Rich Romero

Rich Romero Supporting Actor

I say we schedule a chatting time for forum members. Anyone up for it?

8. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

Hmmm, that might be worth a try. IMO the best bet would be to schedule chats about certain topics. Anything regarding politics or religion would be off limits.

9. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

if any of you use IRC, I've registered #htf on dalnet as a channel earlier today. I've always got irc running in the background, so I might be idle, but I'm always there.