What's new

Let's all give a big hearty THANK YOU to Michael Allred! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I thought it would be a really nice gesture if we all expressed our gratitude toward Michael Allred for all of his efforts in bettering this dvd of Return of the Living Dead, so i've created this thread for this sole purpose. Michael, If not for your intervention through your correspondance with Dan O'Bannon, other key members of the cast and the studio, it would not be as great as it turned out to be to be sure.
This is a prime example of how powerful this forum is, that we can have such a direct effect on a dvd release through individuals that are in-the-know so to speak and have the right connections. That aspect of this forum never ceases to amaze me I have to say.
You kept all of us lovers of this classic informed every step of the way, and the oddysey of the process over the past few months, and the evolution this disc has went through, has taken on the feel of a long journey of sorts that has led to this day...the long awaited dvd release of Return of the Living Dead!
So, I raise a glass to you Michael, you made a lot of it possible.
Cheers, and thanks. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, indeed!

As I said down in the review thread, horror fans everywhere are in his debt.

thanks, Michael.

Scott Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, THANK YOU Michael....this movie is one that I've been waiting on since I got a DVD player.:emoji_thumbsup: :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Beau

Supporting Actor
Thanks Michael!:D You have been really great at supporting this movie. Thanks for keeping us up with all the latest news. It's really cool that a fan can get so much done to a DVD. Thanks again!:D

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
You know, all of this started something like a year and a half ago.

Now that the DVD is out....I feel great something was accomplished but I also feel "Ok, what do I do now?"....hard to describe really, almost let down now that it's all over. Maybe I'm just crazy.

As for that possible "director's cut", it's well out of my hands now. It's all up to you guys to buy the current DVD. MGM was convinced to make the current one due to fan demand but if it doesn't make them enough money to warrant the kind of effort a DC will need, it will never happen. I'm a bit worried after reading various reports on how difficult it is to find copies at Best Buy, Wal Mart, etc.

I encourage all of you to go to as many of your local retailers and suggest they stock more copies of the DVD.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Thank you Michael! :) :emoji_thumbsup: Your effort did not go unnoticed.
I promptly went to my local B&M and picked up the DVD yesterday. This is one of the first horror movies I ever saw and left an indellible impression on me.. I can't express how cool it is to have an anamorphic widescreen version of the film.
And just so you know, the copies were selling out very quickly. While in the horror aisle I watched 5 people (other then myself) snatch this one up!
Joseph

LeeL

Stunt Coordinator
Off to Future Shop tomorrow (payday) to grab this. I thank you for your efforts.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
You've made to world a better place in your quest for dvd, cult classics, and the pursuit of brains.

Mmmmmm, BRAINS

Oops. Anyway excellent work!

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I've been there since Michael first started the site. I'm happy as hell it finally got released. It's thanks to Michael I think that MGM noticed that there WAS a large fanbase for the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks