1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Lethal Weapon Director's Cut...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Randy van Rijn, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Randy van Rijn

Randy van Rijn Auditioning

Hi,

I was wandering about the director's cut of the first Lethal Weapon... Is it any good? I think I saw a documentary on all the films (I think on the Lethal Weapon 4 DVD) in wich Richard Donner explaines why he removed the scenes... So is this a real director's cut or just a studio decision? I love the film and the deleted scenes look pretty good (and might change the film in a dramatic way I think)... Is it worth buying? Hope you can give me some good reviews...

Thanks,

Randy

2. HenrikTull

HenrikTull Second Unit

Sure, I like it. Probably not a real director's cut since it seemed like Richard Donner had final cut the first time around. The sniper scene is pretty cool.

3. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor
    Supporter

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    The new scenes in the DC are very good IMO, especially the sniper scene as mentioned. It really establishes Riggs as a man on the edge who doesn't care about his own safety.
    I would definatly go for it. [​IMG]

5. Ric Bagoly

Ric Bagoly Producer

Yes, buy it. The sniper scene, as well as where Riggs picks up the hooker, add to the film greatly.

6. Randy van Rijn

Randy van Rijn Auditioning

Thanks to all for the info... I think I will trade in my copy of Lethal Weapon and get the director's cut instead.

Randy