What's new

Let the stupid Black Friday madness begin. (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
oh really, keith? what if they marked 50% off all the home theater equipment for one hour only? sure, that would probably never happen, but we can all dream...:D

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Thomas,
A. It ain't never gonna happen.
B. Circuit City doesn't have any home-theater equipment that would get me running under any circumstances.
Now, if the local high-end store has 50% off on all the Integra Research, Rotel, Meridian, Lexicon, Conrad-Johnson, Accuphase, and Classe gear, plus the Martin Logan and Magnepan speakers, I might walk at a brisk pace. :D

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Heh well I'd bring my rocket skates just to be safe. :) I would never run to get gear at Circuit City either, that just oozes class. I'd be afraid my truckers' cap might fall off or that I'll trip over one of the straps from my overalls.
Hmmmm, 1,000+ people standing in front of Best Buy to get discounts on minor things... does anyone else think of the word poor. Lol I know that sounds bad but c'mon, the deals at BB were nothing to wait 2+ hours in line for.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Dan,
I didn't so much as go to sleep, it was more like a nap. Irritable customers are few and far between for me. When I see a problem a brewing, I let one of the temps take it and they just call the manager. The thing that pisses me off most is the person that tries to do an exchange for something they bought last week, seemingly unknonwing that there is a reason for all the people in the store. But most of the shoppers seem to acknowledge that they'll have to wait, and that things go out of stock quickly. The minute the morning sale ends is a bit tricky though, I usually end up extending it for a few people that were "waiting in line as it ended."
Last year I did black friday going on no sleep. Since I regularly stay up til 4-5a.m. anyway, it seemed to work... until about noonish when I thought I would pass out. :) Hence my nap on Thanksgiving.
There was no one running into the electronics dept yesterday, but we had a bunch of people running to the K B toys section of the store for some electronic pet cat that came out yesterday. I heard we only had 10 of them, so I'm sure there were people in the holiday shopping spirit over there.
And now I get to go into work again! Yesterday I had to be in at 5:30a.m., today it's 5:00p.m. Aren't the holidays great?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I didn't even bother with Best Buy yesterday since I found nothing in their sale flier enticing. The $9.99 CD sale at Circuit City, which included the single-disc Rolling Stones SACDs, was another story. I went to Best Buy today looking for bargains on CDs, and they had a sale where if you bought two CDs priced $11.99 and higher, you saved $3. Also, if you bought three or more CDs priced $11.99 and up, you saved $5. I didn't find that sale enticing either, so I walked out empty-handed.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I was recovering from a cold; therefore I stayed home. Played lots of "Ratchet & Clank", watched lots of "Sports Night" eps on DVD and topped off the evening by getting take-out Chinese & watching the LotR:FotR EE with director's commentary.

Today I feel rested & stress-free. Best damn Black Friday ever. I don't regret the missed "bargains" a bit. I'm never venturing out into the mob again. Life's just too short to put up with that crap.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
We didn't laugh, we just braced ourselves as the doors opened. I had my first customer 45 seconds after we opened. :D
btw: Best Buy price matched ALL the Black Friday specials. Walmart had some crazy deal with the Game Boy advance for 37.99 or so and we pricematched from our 69.00 price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks