What's new

Let The BOWL GAMES Begin! (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I totally agree with you Darren... The Big 12 and the SEC teams really have a huge disadvantage compared to the other schools.
I'll add my disagreement to this statement, too. The SEC and Big 12 have no problem reaping the benefits of a conference championship game -- extra revenue, excellent television exposure, and a great recruiting tool. However, if the outcome of the game is not to their liking, the system immediately becomes a disadvantage. You cannot have it both ways. If you do not want the game to count towards a national championship, then do not play the game.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It appears the Heisman jinx is in full swing on Eric Crouch as Miami has opened up a 21-0 lead on Nebraska, the last score being an interception returned for an easy TD.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ken Dorsey completes a long pass, and one play later, Miami is up 27-0 after missing the extra point on the latest TD.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Good grief! It's now 34-0. Everything is going Miami's way. Dorsey is picking the Nebraska secondary apart with ease.

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite stats at halftime in regards to the Nebraska Defense:
Over the last 6 Quarters, NEB has given up
96 points
902 yards
7 turnovers
:rolleyes
Oh, and I love comment John Saunders made. (from memory) The Nebraska Cornhuckers haven't been pounded this hard all season. Uh, did you see the LAST game they played?
:rolleyes

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh my goodness, Nebraska just returned a punt for a TD, now it's 34-14. Will that blocked extra point come back to haunt Miami?

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Congratulations to the Hurricanes. You can say whatever you want about who deserved to play them as at least 4 teams earned a shot but they are truly deserving of the national championship. Sad as I am that my beloved Huskers lost, I'm glad that an undefeated team closes their perfect season with the undisputed title. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks