What's new

Let it Be - September? (1 Viewer)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Can I say that enough times?

Wasn't it last year that someone said that it would be out this year in a 3 disk edition?

Better than 2, but great news!

Glenn

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Add HELP! to the mix and I will indeed be happy.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I'm happy to already have HELP!, but would be pleased to see a remaster with supplements like AHDN got.

As for LET IT BE, bring it on!

- Steve

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I certainly hope this is true, but September is only two months away - wouldn't we have seen an official announcement by now??

I have no doubt that this is getting closer, but like Anthony I'll hold off on my celebration until the disk is actually in my hands... ;)

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
Forgive me for asking, but who is Bob Smeaton? Michael Lindsay-Hogg has always been credited as director of the film.

If it's true, it sounds good. It would be great if it included the full rooftop concert where they did several versions of some songs.

Hopefully they'll finally fix the aspect ratio to it's original widescreen version.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
It will probably be a 1.33 transfer, since all the original materials were filmed in 16mm for television use. When the project became a feature film, it was blown up and reframed. Everything I've ever heard is that Apple has all the original materials so they can remaster the film without having to crop anything.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm not a huge fan, but I have to admit that this release could prove to be really interesting! I love the idea of the full roof top concert.:emoji_thumbsup:

Paul D G

Screenwriter

True. It was shot for tv, had the top and bottom cut off for widescreen, then had the left and right chopped off for home video!

-paul

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Most of the recent Beatles materials have been released in the month of November. If Let It Be is released this year, that might be the month of release.

Paul D G

Screenwriter

That makes sense as they are trying to cash in on the Christmas buying season. And if it's not ready by then you can expect another year's delay while they wait for xmas 2006!

Apple also shys away from conflicting Beatle releases. So, since McCartney's new album is due in mid October you can bet Apple won't release it anywhere near there.

-paul

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Paul's new album is due Sept. 13, as per a press release issued last week.

The DVD of Hard Day's Night came out in Sept. 2002, not November.

I suspect Vol. 2 of the US Capital albums will come out in November (Vol. 1 came out last November). So a Let It Be DVD release could come anywhere from late Sept.-Dec. Keep in mind also that McCartney will be touring the US beginning in Sept. and Apple may well want to tie several new releases in with his fall tour.

As for jamming the schedule with Beatle-related stuff, it's happened before. In the fourth quarter of 2003, the Concert for George CD and DVD were released, the Lennon Legend DVD, and McCartney's Back in the US live CD and DVD.

I think Apple missed the boat by not having the Let It Be DVD ready to go with the Let It Be ... Naked CD.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

I totally agree, LIBN made no sense on its own. Plus, I'm sure more than a few retailers would have offered the CD and DVD together for an extra $5 off or so.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Saw this on the Sun entertainment site:
----------------------------------------
Beatles breakup film due on DVD

According to Beatles Anthology director Bob Smeaton, the Let It Be DVD, punched up with "remarkable bonus material," will be released in September. Smeaton told a Denver, Colo., radio station that the DVD release had been delayed due to the sheer volume of film stock shot, and colour restoration issues.

Although Smeaton did not identify any of the extra material, Beatles fans are clamoring for a 5.1 surround sound mix, and the inclusion of what's known as the complete rooftop gig. That's the Jan. 30, 1969, 35-minute show played by the Fab Four on the roof of their London headquarters, but which was only partially shown in the film.
-------------------------------------------------------

Link here for full artical

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2005/07/13/1128718.html
-------------------------------------------------
He goes on to say the George Harrisons Concert For Bangladesh well be out on October on both DVD and CD.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Hate to be the bearer of (potential) bad news, but Beatle News Briefs is reporting that Let It Be won't be on DVD til 2006.

Link Removed

No word on their source, but the site is pretty accurate. Hoping they're wrong this time.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Back in 2003, they reported that LIBN was cancelled, only to change it a few days later.

However, I'm not at all surprised if it's cancelled; actually I'll be even more surprised if we get it before 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks