What's new

"Let It Be" Reissue (1 Viewer)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
what the hell happened to the surround remix??? Did they just FORGET that they had it or what?
Larry, it wasn't just the DVD. The original VHS issue had the same sound remix, but they later re-issued the VHS with slightly different box colors and the same "album version" sound mix as the DVD.

My guess is that the new stereo mixes were licensed for a certain period of time and then they were removed due to some arrangement with Apple.

Note that there is also a change in the very opening of Magical Mystery Tour, where they replaced some of the visuals with some edited-in zoom effect of some sort. I got a laserdisc to archive the best unaltered version.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Actually, Miramax owns only "A Hard Days Night". Apple remains in control of "Help" and "Let It Be" ("Yellow Submarine" has always been owned by United Artists...it was the music clearance with Apple that held up a video re-release for so long).
Oh, ok. I thought Miramax owned both since both are Walter Shenson productions and both MPI DVD's went OOP (although AHDN went OOP much earlier)

But it still doesn't make sense why Help! would go OOP.

Charlie Essmeier

Stunt Coordinator
The "Let It Be" LP box set was issued in a number of countries, including the UK, Canada and Japan, where the album was pressed on red vinyl.

Just an FYI. They sell for anywhere from $300-500.

Charlie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks